We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Intermediate Oracle DBA to join our team in Arlington, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
• Plans Oracle database upgrades by maintaining, evaluating, and improving a transaction processing model
• Assesses Oracle database performance by developing a protocol for measurement of results and identification of problem areas.
• Supports database performance by monitoring database performance; evaluating and resolving processing and programming problems; designing database management tools; answering user questions.
• Secures database by preparing access and control policies and procedures; implementing disaster recovery procedures.
• Supports application design by contributing expertise to applications, operations, and technical support teams.
• Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Database Management and Data Maintenance
• Process Improvement and Requirements Analysis,
• Database Security and Developing Standards
• Oracle Database Performance Tuning by index and partition management
• Oracle database backup/recovery, restore and troubleshooting experience
• Big Data and/or NoSQL experience is plus
• Experience in managing a DBMS deployed inside Cloud environment is a plus
• Experience in creating and managing Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) is a plus
• Oracle Database (11g or 12c) Administrator Certified Professional is preferred.
· Clearance – Must pass DHS HQ 6C
· Citizenship – Must be a US Citizen
· LOCATION: Arlington, VA
Bachelors in Computer Science or related field and 5 years experience
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.