Position Summary / Responsibilities:
We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Experienced Systems Analyst, interested in joining our team in Boyce, VA (with occasional visits to Winchester, VA and Washington, DC) and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The ideal candidate possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments which are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Has the ability to apply comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
In this role you will analyze, develop and support computer systems possessing a wide range of capabilities that enable a broad portfolio of engineering, business and records management functions. The primary focus of your work will be on Microsoft-based systems. Develops plans for automated information systems from project inception to conclusion. Analyzes user interfaces, maintains and supports performance tuning of hardware and software systems. Candidate will perform tasks such as analyzing workload and computer usage, maintaining interfaces with outside systems, analyzing downtimes, and assessing proposed system modifications, upgrades and new COTS. Analyzes technical and business problems and the data/information to be processed. Defines the problem, and develops system requirements and program specifications that can be used by systems architects, developers and programmers to prepare detailed flow charts, programs, and tests. Provides technical and administrative direction for personnel performing software development tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and user standards, and for progress in accordance with schedules. Coordinates with the Project and/or Program Manager to ensure problem solution and user satisfaction. Makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major systems installations. Prepares milestone status reports and deliveries/presentations on the system concept to the client, colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives. Provides daily supervision and direction to support staff.
• Experience working with Federal government customers in support of delivery of information technology services.
• Experience supporting Microsoft-based solutions and infrastructure services across complex, multi-location enterprises.
• Experience with Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services, including Hybrid Cloud Architectures desirable.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies, ideally working on projects with both worker (internal) and public (external) users. Scrum Master Certification a plus.
• ITIL v3 Foundation Certification required. ITIL v3 Intermediate Level desirable.
• Project Management Professional or Program Management Professional Certification desirable.
• Desired Certifications: Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator, Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, Microsoft Certified IT Professional, Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, Microsoft Certified Professional Developer, Microsoft Certified Applications Developer, Microsoft Technology Associate, CompTIA A+
• Experience with Agile development methodologies, ideally working on projects with both worker (internal) and public (external) users is desirable. Scrum Master Certification a plus.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Management or related field degree or higher and a minimum of 8 years of experience supporting Microsoft product suite based solutions. Applicable advance certifications for the specified areas.
Local candidates only. Work location: Northern Virginia
Must have passed the equivalent of a High-Level Risk Background Investigation (or higher) prior to commencing work.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
We are always looking for team members that have what it takes to be mission critical. At Unisys Federal Systems, our team supports the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers.
Our team members gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.