Position Summary / Responsibilities:
We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Network Engineer, interested in joining our team in Boyce, VA (with occasional visits to Winchester, VA and Washington, DC) and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The ideal candidate provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments related to client telecommunications and network technologies and operations. Establish goals and plans that meet telecommunications and network project objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge of telecommunications and network engineering and operations. Direct and control network engineering activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical and project management requirements for network engineering, operations and support are met. Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management. Decision making related to network engineering and technical domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project and program implementation. Has the ability to apply comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments related to telecommunications and network operations. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
In this role you will support/lead development, operations and maintenance of client and user support systems related to networking and telecommunications service provision across a broad range of client business areas. Cliient operations are in all50 states and extend to US territories and possesions. Oversee Unisys' delivery of standardized, simplified, and automated network operating services supported by service analytics. Provide technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Provide support in the translation of business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders. Provide in-depth engineering analysis of telecommunications alternatives for government agencies in support of their ongoing operations and strategic modernization efforts. Review telecommunications enhancement designs for medium and large-scale telecommunication infrastructures that provide highly reliable and scalable services for between 5,000 and 20,000 users across the continental US (CONUS) and outside the continental US (OCONUS). Provides interface support to telecommunications end users and telecommunications operations personnel. Assists client in managing their overall telecommunications strategic program. Monitors, responds to, and resolves hardware, software, and network problems. Oversees the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals). Utilizes software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting network performance. Troubleshoots network systems when necessary to make improvements. Serve as a leader for projects and for overall network portfolio.
• Proven experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex telecommunications networks supporting 5,000 to 20,000 geographically distributed users.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with network and telecommunications technologies, including integration and deployment methodologies, operations and support, and troubleshooting and restoration.
• Has used ITIL-guided operations management approach that integrate service management solutions with a repeatable, coherent network operation service practices.
• Familiarity with comprehensive network monitoring and event correlation tools; incident and problem management; and proactive capacity management.
• Extensive experience with meeting Federal network security compliance requirements.
• A strong background in supporting emergency management operations, "surging" network capabilities, and operating high availability telecommunications capabilities is highly desirable.
• Working with teams to set and achieve high client / user satisfaction levels.
• Certified in ITIL Foundations; ITIL Intermediate Certifications highly desirable.
• Desired Certifications: Cisco Certified Network Associate, Cisco Certified Network Professional, Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert, CompTIA Network+, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, Microsoft Certified IT Professional, Certified Wireless Network Administrator. PMI Project or Program Management Professional.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Systems Management or related field degree or higher and a minimum of 10 years of network engineering and operations experience. Applicable advance certifications for the specified areas. Relevant experience can be substituted for education requirements.
Local candidates only. Work location: Northern Virginia
Must have passed the equivalent of a High-Level Risk Background Investigation (or higher) prior to commencing work.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
We are always looking for team members that have what it takes to be mission critical. At Unisys Federal Systems, our team supports the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers.
Our team members gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.