Position Summary / Responsibilities:
We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Experienced Microsoft IT Consultant, interested in joining our team in Boyce, VA (with occasional visits to Winchester, VA and Washington, DC) and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The ideal candidate possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments which are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Has the ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
In this role you will support development and maintenance of client and user support systems related to a broad range of business areas. Leads major portions of large or medium projects, and leads small projects autonomously. Provides highly technical and specialized solutions to complex IT problems involving Microsoft-based software products and Cloud based solutions including Microsoft Azure and Microsoft's Office 365 suite. Performs analyses and studies and prepares reports. Gathers facts through research, interviewing, surveys, etc. Analyzes the client’s business, draws conclusions, prepares final reports and gives presentations. Uses in-depth consultative skills and business knowledge to practice business objectives and processes.
• Experience working with Federal government customers in support of delivery of information technology services.
• Experience supporting Microsoft-based solutions and infrastructure services across complex, multi-location enterprises.
• Experience with Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services, including Hybrid Cloud Architectures desirable.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies, ideally working on projects with both worker (internal) and public (external) users. Scrum Master Certification a plus.
• ITIL v3 Foundation Certification required. ITIL v3 Intermediate Level desirable.
• Project Management Professional or Program Management Professional Certification.
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
• Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
• Experience with Agile development methodologies, ideally working on projects with both worker (internal) and public (external) users is desirable. Scrum Master Certification a plus.
• Desired certifications: Microsoft Certified Application Developer, Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Management or related field degree or higher and a minimum of 8 years of experience supporting Microsoft product suite based solutions. Applicable advance certifications for the specified areas.
Local candidates only. Work location: Northern Virginia
Must have passed the equivalent of a High-Level Risk Background Investigation (or higher) prior to commencing work.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
We are always looking for team members that have what it takes to be mission critical. At Unisys Federal Systems, our team supports the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers.
Our team members gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.