We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Software Engineer interested in joining our team at the Pentagon, Washington, DC, and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Models and applies software engineering methods and techniques to the design, definition, development, evaluation, integration, qualification and/or support of complex products, tools, or technologies in one or more areas of expertise. May work independently or cooperatively with other software developers, often assuming technical and project leadership roles. Considered a technical authority in a specific application. May function as a technical consultant or researcher.
• Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs.
• Code may be used in commercial or end-user applications, such as materials management, financial management, HRIS, mobile apps or desktop applications products.
• Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
• Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
• Models and applies software engineering methods and techniques to the design, development, integration, qualification and/or support of the products and tools within one or more areas of expertise.
• Works independently or cooperatively as a member of a team.
• Often assumes technical and project leadership roles.
• Monitor existing systems to ensure structural integrity
• Oversee the development and installation of new hardware and software
• Install and configure operating systems and other software and routinely test installed software for glitch detection and other issues
• Ensure constant availability of technical resources
• Design and implement security systems and redundant backups to maintain data safety
• Write custom scripts to reduce the need for human intervention
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.