We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented System Administrator to join our team at Edwards Air Force Base, CA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will perform system administration functions such as user account maintenance, application and OS patches and updates, antivirus updates, security/event log review and analysis, network documentation, backup operations, hardware issue escalation, user training, and user support on Windows systems.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, audit, manage and troubleshoot servers, PCs and other hardware systems and associated software as necessary.
- Apply networking and security knowledge to assist in buildup of the network(s). Support Microsoft applications and workstation clients, database applications, and other such user applications installed on the network and computer systems.
- Ensure compliance with operations and security policies while keeping systems viable and available for authorized users.
- Some lifting of up to 50 lbs. will be required.
- Knowledge of Win7/10
- Knowledgeable in DOD network security procedures, best practices, and implementation of Security Technical Implementation Guides.
- Possess knowledge regarding computer system compliance requirements including military and contractor rules, regulations and protocols governing information management techniques and methodologies and documentation.
- Possess knowledge in the following areas: Image from PXE server/baseline OS loading and configuration; CAT5/6 infrastructure; Domain object administration using Active Directory or DRA; Print Server maintenance/client printer setup; Window configuration/local group policy editor, AD group policy editor plus; Software licensing requirements and ability to track/maintain software license and installation records.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant work experience
- Secret/interim Top Secret security clearance required to start (investigation must be within 5 years) and eligible for Top Secret clearance
- Security+ certification or ability to certify quickly
- Possession of a valid driver's license
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.