We are seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Enterprise Architect Developer interested in joining our team in Baltimore, MD and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will be responsible for identifying and evaluating emerging software technologies, ensuring that new technologies are aligned with the organizations business and the target enterprise architecture, providing recommendations and policies for integrating new technologies into the enterprise, and championing the technologies adoption once approved. The Enterprise Architect will collaborate across multiple branches to align application strategies with business strategies and create roadmaps, architectural documents, process documents, and governance documents that define the strategy. As needed, the EA will review projects to adjust and align them with architectural governance policies. The EA will also research, analyze, and document various tools, technology, framework, and other architectural related topics, as needed.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Leads advisory services, strategic planning activities and business case development within government agency and across internal organizations.
• Provides technical oversight for technical estimates created with standards tools, portfolio Work Breakdown Structures, statements of work and industry standard estimating techniques.
• Architects complete solutions using appropriate government agency offerings with design elements that allow integration into client environment.
• Refines and optimizes architectural models and reviews the architectural artifacts produced by junior architects. Responsible for creating architectural prototypes as required.
• Adheres to and promotes appropriate design processes, architectural artifact requirements, and architectural best practices.
• Maintains knowledge of technologies, industry trends, standards, and design techniques.
• Works with client stakeholders to evaluate the solution requirements and supports the management and traceability of requirements during the engagement
• Provides project oversight and acts as a subject matter expert resource to clients on government agency processes, required products, product configuration, solution integration, implementation methodologies, resource requirements, and implementation timelines.
• Interfaces to all levels of the client’s organization on solution implementation progress, technical issues, proper practices, and technical requirements.
• Collaborates with architect peers to efficiently resolve design issues, improve design quality and share high quality information, as well as to define enterprise level design standards, best practices, and processes.
• May assign and review tasks, mentor junior architects, manage performance feedback, and create development plans consistent with performing the role of team leader or project manager
Experience designing architecture for an organization at an enterprise level. Experiences include defining systems and applications architecture. Experience providing vision, problem anticipation and problem solving; knowledge and experience with consolidating applications, preferably in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) level. Must be familiar with a variety of Enterprise Architecture development field’s concepts, practices and full system development Life Cycle (ILC).
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Education/Experience: Master’s degree and 15 years of relevant work experience.
Broad understanding of technology solutions and is able to present solution and portfolio-level strategy to clients at all levels
Broad understanding of technology areas such as Application Development (multi-tier, Web, and / or Mobile), Server Operating Systems, Database / Information Management, Application / Data Security, Application Platforms, Application Integration, Enterprise Content Management, Mobility Solutions, Agile Development, and Social Computing.
Significant exposure to clients across a variety of industries and domains
Experience with enterprise level application integration technologies (SOA, SOAP, REST, ICAM, SSO, ESB, XML, etc…), SharePoint, Exchange, LDAP, Certificate authority.
Experience with content management and repository systems
Experience with online, cloud and mobile platform and technology, biometric
Experience with deploying enterprise COTS and Saas solution
Experience in application retirements and migrations
Experience in data mining, business intelligence
Strong communications skills with the ability to interface with all levels of internal and client project teams.
Highly knowledgeable on applicable industry and government standards and frameworks such as TOGAF, ITIL, ISO standards, FEAF, etc.
In-depth experience in Component-Based development in Open Source, Java, and/or Microsoft-based technologies. Understands key architectural frameworks, architectural design approaches and development methodologies
Implementation and experience in related project roles such as system analyst, developer, implementer, integrator, test analyst, team leader and/or software architect
Knowledgeable on project management concepts including project scheduling, risk management, estimation, Work Breakdown Structures, requirements management / traceability, Change Management, etc.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
We are always looking for team members that have what it takes to be mission critical. At Unisys Federal Systems, our team supports the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers.
Our team members gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.