We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Project Manager to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will utilize your expertise in the area of project management. The ideal candidate will support client engagements providing strategic guidance in support of new or the enhancement of applications to facilitate the implementation of solutions using standard methods, best practices, techniques, and tools applicable to requirements analysis. The candidate will analyze client requirements and assist with developing recommendations for system solutions through development, systems improvements, and operational optimizations. Assignments range in complexity from basic analysis and problem solving to developing recommendations for complete business solutions or technical applications.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
Analyzes project related problems and creates innovative solutions involving finance, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools, and solution components.
Develops, implements, and maintains a master scheudle.
Provide applications systems analysis and programming activities for a Government site, facility or multiple locations.
In collaboration with program SME's & teaming partners, develop project analysis, first draft written communications, and client interaction.
Prepares project plans for LEIDA application development, systems maintenance, and production activities and for necessary support resources.
Provide oversight into all aspects of the LEIDA integration into the Biometrics solution.
Performs benchmark needs analysis and requirements definitions in selected functional areas.
Coordinates work with developers, testers, operations, engineers, and clients, as required.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Must pass a Department of State, Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) certification. Valid EQIP JPAS transfers acceptable Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of experience specific to technical requirements analysis or equivalent.
Ability to speak/write Spanish fluently.
Ability to document detailed project technical requirements nto project plans and then communication effectively with client stakeholder to obtain consensus and approval on a master schedule.
Possesses specific knowledge in current and emerging software technologies.
Demonstrated experience in project management.
Qualified candidates must possess the following five competencies and the specialized requisite experience described below.
(1) Attention to Detail - Is thorough, accurate and consistent when accomplishing a task with concern for all the areas involved. Pursues quality in all tasks performed.
(2) Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external business partners and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government). Provides information or assistance. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. Effectively manages customer relationships.
(3) Oral Communication - Makes clear and convincing oral presentations to individuals and groups. Listens effectively; clarifies information as needed. Speaks in a clear, concise, and organized manner that is appropriate to the audience. Facilitates an open exchange of ideas to ensure all group input is considered. Handles technical, sensitive or controversial topics with agility, involving executives/managers as appropriate.
(4) Written Communication – Clearly articulates the customer’s requirements and proposed solutions in writing. Writes technical documentation in a detailed, clear and organized fashion for both technical and non-technical audiences.
(5) Problem Solving - Identifies and analyzes problems; works with other team members to define solutions; weighs relevance and accuracy of information; generates and evaluates alternative solutions; makes sound recommendations
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.