We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Systems Engineer to join our team in Alexandria, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The Senior Systems Engineer models and applies software engineering methods and techniques to the design, definition, development, evaluation, integration, qualification and/or support of complex products, tools, or technologies in one or more areas of expertise. May work independently or cooperatively with other software developers, often assuming technical and project leadership roles. Considered a technical authority in a specific application. May function as a technical consultant or researcher.
• Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs.
• Capable of developing JAVA J2EE code, and java application interfaces to interact Next Gen Patent Applications, develop Java Code to interface with CMS Repositories, Develop Web UI Content and or web services as required.
• Experience using Java J2EE Technologies such as J2EE Framework, PL/SQL, JSP, Junit, XSL SOAP,and XML, experience using MS-SQL, ORACLE, experience deploying code on open source containers such as JBOSS EAP, JBOSS BRMS, JBOSS BPM, JBOSS SEAM, JBoss Developer Studio, JBoss SOA-P but not limiting to the mentioned,
• Expert at troubleshooting application and deployment issues, provide level 1 support from smoke testing to troubleshooting critical application issues. Own and lead troubleshooting effort, Interface between development and external teams to resolve the issue.
• Work with the Principal lead to drive the deployment and maintenance process, orchestration of Jenkin Jobs, coordination for CICM Builds, getting the environment ready for deployments. Interfacing with various support groups and acting as 1st layer for troubleshooting application issues.
• Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
• Models and applies software engineering methods and techniques to the design, development, integration, qualification and/or support of the products and tools within one or more areas of expertise.
• Works independently or cooperatively as a member of a team.
• Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent experience.
• Specific technical skill requirements include proficiency in demonstrating/performing one or more skills in each technical skill group.
• Knowledge and experience with software and system engineering lifecycle and tools including requirements development, requirements management, and software sustainment.
• Knowledge of system and software architecture frameworks.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.