We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Principal Systems Engineer to join our team in Alexandria, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The Principal Software Developer leads the design, development and application of advanced software engineering methods and techniques to the design, analysis, definition, development, evaluation, qualification and/or support of complex products, tools, or technologies in one or more specialized fields. Acts as a source of current and relevant technological, professional and/or market knowledge in areas of specialization.
• Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs.
• Experience with Source control specifically Subversion and automated testing (SOAPUI, JMeter, Grinder), mocking data, and orchestration (Jenkins). Knowledge of Security Models (supporting integration with RBAC) highly desired. Knowledge of content management and database highly desirable, including SQL/MySQL, Cassandra, and other CMS, Proficency with Solr Cloud 4+, ZooKeeper, Cassandra. Knowledge of basic Agile terminology and practices such as User Stories, Backlog, Scrum, and Acceptance Criteria. Experience with an Agile Tool, specifically Rally (CA Agile Central) a major plus
• Capable of writing JAVA J2EE code for applications development and application interfaces to interact Next Gen Patent Applications, develop Java Code to interface with CMS Repositories, Develop Web UI Content and or web services as required.
• Proficient using Java J2EE Technologies such as J2EE Framework, PL/SQL, Scala/Spark, Json, Sol4j, Apache, Jmeter, Selenium, Maven, Jenkin, Canary, Nexus, Puppet, CFME, Jetty, AppDynamics, Splunk, and Site Scope, but not limiting to the mentioned.
• Leads the deployment activities, troubleshooting and maintenance operations including somke testing, support of complex products, tools or technologies in one or more specialized fields.
• Monitors the application performance and work with the support groups to deliver the desired throughput.
• May manage schedule, quality and technical solution on assigned projects in coordination with project leadership. May oversee schedule, quality and technical solution performance of staff.
• Requires a bachelor's degree and minimum of 8 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
• Specific technical skill requirements include proficiency in demonstrating/performing one or more skills in each technical skill group.
• Advanced level knowledge and experience with software and system engineering lifecycle and tools including requirements development, configuration management and software sustainment.
• Advanced knowledge of system and software architecture frameworks.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.