We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Transition Lead/Architect (Amazon Web Service) to join our team in Arlington, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The Transition Lead/Architect (Amazon Web Service) will support a Disaster Recovery (DR)/Continuity of Operations (COOP) transition from a Government Owned Contractor Operated (GOCO) environment to a Hybrid Cloud Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) platform in The Amazon Web Service (AWS) Cloud and a Unisys Data Center. This position will focus solely on leading the architecture, Installation, and configuration of infrastructure and mission critical applications required for the DR/COOP.
The following are job responsibilities of this position:
• Serve as onsite AWS Transition lead/architect for long term DR/COOP Contract
• Work with Amazon Web Service (AWS) and Unisys Data Center SME’s to help engineer the transition of Federal DR/COOP systems in a facility located in the Northern Virginia area to AWS and a Unisys Data Center.
• Provide management with AWS pricing information pertaining to the new AWS environment along with Hardware/Software (HW/SW) required to support the move of the DR/COOP.
• Participate in the client kickoff and regular update meetings
• Position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and will serve as a liaison between network administrators, systems administrators, database administrators and the transition manager for the AWS portion of the Hybrid Cloud.
• Lead and take initiative to improve all transition & due diligence processes
• Assure the project and team aligns with the physical and software requirements mandated by our customer.
• Assure that there are processes and procedures in place post-transition to synchronize the DR/COOP with production and provide ongoing support
• 10+ years’ experience in supporting infrastructure environments running Windows, RHEL,
VMware vCenter, SAN Storage, Switches, and other internet devices
• 10+ years’ experience in supporting DR/COOP plans and environments
• 2-3 years’ experience in architecting/leading an AWS Transition of systems or AWS O&M
• Must be organized, pay attention to detail, uses sound business judgment and have excellent
• Communicate effectively and professionally with users, clients, and other IT personnel
• Must demonstrate that he/she has worked in a fast paced, cross-functional, multi-team
• Experience in managing Operational Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
• Perform staff evaluation, hiring, subcontractor oversight, and performance evaluations
• Ability to motivate and direct team members and enforce Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Oversee Unisys and Teaming Partner work performed on site and remotely
• Work onsite at our customer’s location in Arlington, VA.
• Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or business administration.
• Must be a US Citizen
PMP, ITIL v3 or advanced ITIL Certifications
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.