We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Scrum Master to join our team in Baltimore, MD to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The Scrum Master will have experience planning and facilitating the Agile / Scrum development process. Experience in the “servant leader” role of removing barriers to productivity, monitoring progress, and coaching team members on their roles. Must have successful experience reporting and communicating status and progress to stakeholders (e.g., estimates, velocity, burn down charts, etc.).
• Act as a Scrum Master for key strategic initiatives. Serve and support the scrum team in their mission to build great products.
• Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving.
• Serve as a coach while empowering team self-organization and self-management. Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work. Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
• Identify and remove impediments, or guide the team to remove impediments.
• Organize and facilitate sprint planning, daily stand-ups, Sprint reviews, retrospectives and demos with team and Product Owner/stakeholders.
• Work collaboratively with cross-functional development teams and product owner/manager to support development and product delivery.
• Assist key business users (product owners) with backlog creation, grooming and prioritization
• Maintain, monitor and publish agile metrics (e.g. velocity and burn-down) using JIRA
• Collaborate closely with the Product Owner and Stakeholders to facilitate release management across teams to coordinate release scheduling
• Maintain software release schedule and act as a liaison between teams to ensure proper communication
• Cultivate robust and sustainable working relationships between business and technology teams to foster a cross-functional team environment
• Experienced in guiding the Business Analysis and Development Team Members as well as the Client Organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices.
• Identify best practices, and make recommendations for continuous improvement to enhance effectiveness
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
• Knowledge of multiple patterns and techniques for filling in the gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: various burndown techniques, various retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
• Knowledge of Agile approaches and techniques such as User Stories, XP, Kanban, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, and Automated testing.
• Proven track record of continuous and recent experience in Scrum.
• Scrum Master Professional / Agile Certified Practitioner Certification
• Master’s degree and 10 years of experience.
• Prior Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services experience is preferred.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
We are always looking for team members that have what it takes to be mission critical. At Unisys Federal Systems, our team supports the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers.
Our team members gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.