Position Summary / Responsibilities:
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Proposal Manager to join our team in Reston, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will oversee and drive all activities involved in the development and revision of proposals. You will partner with the capture manager to develop compelling, compliant, and persuasive proposals by leading and participating in the myriad proposal development activities. You will guide proposal team members and assist them in understanding and execution of the proposal development tasks they are assigned. You act as a liaison with various departments to coordinate pricing, contracts, teaming agreements, procurement, legal, and solution activities as needed to deliver complete proposals to our clients on time.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Leads and enforces Unisys-adopted, industry best practice-based processes and procedures for proposal development to include the development of a proposal plan to provide direction to the pursuit team
* Responsible for managing the proposal through the opportunity life cycle from draft RFP release to post-proposal submission activities, thereby leading, planning, scheduling, overseeing an actively participating in the proposal development for large-scale Federal business opportunities
* Uses standard best practices to increase the win probability of deals through better proposals
* Lead proposal development, compliance, and production for the Proposal Team and create a compliance matrix, outline, calendar, and other documents related to managing the proposal effort.
* Schedules and facilitates the writing, review, and submission of the bid.
* Supervises and leads proposal team on individual effort.
* U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
* Bachelor's degree in business or related field
* A minimum of 10 years proven successful experience managing, writing, and coordinating Federal Government proposals of moderate to high complexity
* Experience working with proposal teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment supporting critical business development activities
* Strong analytical, organizational, and managerial skills
* The ability to use standard English writing styles and structures to write proposal sections; this includes the ability to research and synthesize information from multiple sources (subject matter experts, previous proposals) into a cohesive, easy-to-read, and persuasive final product
* Experience at identifying data that is needed for 100% compliance with the RFP
* Ability to effectively participate in proposal review meetings
* Able to balance multiple projects and work to meet deadlines
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* Ability to work on multiple projects and under tight deadlines
* Ability to work with teams and individuals of varying working styles
* Ability to work overtime often with no advance notice
* Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint
* APMP Certification preferred
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.