We are seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Network Engineer interested in joining our team in New Orleans, LA and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems. The Network Administrator must be a CISCO technology SME with at minimum CCNP certification.
• Provide CISCO IOS and NxOS operating systems administrative support services for Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) infrastructures.
• Manage installation, upgrades, and application configurations of network technical infrastructure.
• Manage all tuning of network technical infrastructure to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved as defined by Service Level Agreements.
• Apply high skill with commands, utilities and understand advanced aspects in the engineering and administration of network infrastructure.
• Collaborate with the other server, SAN and application teams, identify operational characteristics, determining the presence of a problem, identifying possible solutions, selecting the most appropriate solution, and implementing that solution in a timely manner in accordance with Change Control Process.
•Analyze complex local and wide area network systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and other devices.
•Resolve difficult interoperability problems to obtain operation across all platforms including e-mail, files transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing and the like.
•Configure systems to user environments.
•Support acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services.
•May act as a technical project leader or provide work leadership for lower level employees. Excludes those with full supervisory responsibilities.
• A minimum of 7+ years experience in computer system basics and/or related areas of expertise and a bachelor's degree or equivalent.
• Candidate must be able to hold and maintain a NACI Minimum Background Investigation Public Trust clearance.
• Knowledge and skills may be obtained from a 2-4 year professional computer/IT degree, technical training plus direct related experience.
• Advanced knowledge in evaluating vendor products and make recommendations to purchase hardware and software.
• Knowledge of setting up administrator and service accounts
• Knowledgeable in network security procedures, best practices, and implementation
• Has achieved industry standard certifications: Security+, CCNP,
• Ability to troubleshoot software issues and customer applications as required.
• Excellent documentation skills are required.
Nice to have:
CCNA, Network+, MCSA.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.