A successful Field Service Engineer will drive for excellence in customer satisfaction, enjoy troubleshooting and setting up complex systems, and have a passion for learning new technology.
In this position, you would be a key part of our expanding Field Service team at customer sites ensuring that the advanced lighting systems are commissioned properly and serviced post-installation. This role is an integral part of our customer-focused business model. Will ensure proper operation of equipment and complete customer satisfaction. Perform several types of services offered (startup, warranty, non-warranty) at customer sites.
Examples include but are not limited to:
• Verify correct installation.
• Assist in debugging wiring.
• Upload updated software to processors and controls.
• Configure software to operate per customer specifications.
• Test system performance.
• Train customer on maintenance and operation.
• Follow-up on open related job site issues.
• Manage on-site job communication with regard to client products and services.
Warranty and Support Plan Services
• Diagnose issues identified by customer.
• Update firmware as needed.
• Modify software configuration per customer.
• Replace parts (not to include items that require a licensed electrician)
• Debug system or network issues.
• Perform maintenance.
Day to Day Work
• Deliver exemplary customer service to customers in the field
• Become proficient in servicing all systems while following field service procedures
• Investigate, trace, implement, and install network solutions
• Troubleshoot and repair commercial lighting system installations
• Coordinate with on-site contractors and facility managers to ensure proper system installation
• Focus on lifecycle product service (troubleshooting, repair, training end-users, and upgrades)
• Work independently to accommodate the ever changing needs and priorities of our customers
• Serve as a technical expert for legacy systems and products
• Deliver customer focus solution that align to company culture and values
• High school diploma or GED required
• 2 or 4 year college degree, technical school degree, or related experience
• 4+ years of work experience in electro-mechanical, electronic, electrical related field
• Experience supporting IT network products
• Specific manufacturer’s certifications as required. IE EMC, Dell, Cisco, Microsoft, COMPTIA certifications, and NETWORKPLUS
• Advanced degree of knowledge of hardware and software including Microsoft/Network operating systems
• Experience with basic electrical systems
• Strong customer service skills
• Highly organized and accustomed to a fast-paced work schedule
• Must have valid driver's license and reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance
• Willingness to travel 20-30% of the time
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.