We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Incident Management Center Lead to join our team in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will provide worldwide direction and technical support services for desktop services, mail and messaging systems. Activities are focused on the technical support of production and development. Systems used for end-user computing.
Fully qualified professional with some years working experience. Provides comprehensive services and has technical knowledge to solve complex problems. Understands Unisys business strategy and is able to operate successfully with little supervision. Has specialized knowledge in breadth and depth and is viewed as the subject matter expert within the group. May supervise a team of exempt and/or non-exempt employees.
• Activities are focused on the technical support of production and development.
• Systems used for end-user computing.
• Provides comprehensive services and has technical knowledge to solve complex problems.
• May supervise a team of exempt and/or non-exempt employees.
• Meets timelines, milestones, deliverables and provide timely (weekly) status updates.
• Installs and administrates firmware patches supplied by vendors and security or update patches as required.
• Uses Active Directory expertise to create, modify and remove user accounts, create and remove computer accounts and create or modify groups and group membership.
• Troubleshoots and resolves hardware system level problems as they occur taking a proactive approach to resolve issues before they become major problems.
• Carries out assigned tasks with a professional demeanor reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning and problem solving abilities.
• Uses Citrix XenApp / Application Virtualization or other similar tools to publish application, grant permission to applications, coordinate session management, modify availability of published resources, and trouble shoot client connectivity issues, client performance issues and printing issues.
• Communicates technical information verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical users
• Configures Microsoft Office applications and resolve usability issues. Includes troubleshooting Microsoft Outlook clients connecting to multiple Microsoft Exchange Servers and network file shares/printers. Resolves end-user functionality questions with Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
• Configures new desktops, software upgrades, and provides problem solving for hardware, operating systems and security permission issues. Troubleshoots desktop problems both locally and remotely in a multi-domain, secure Active Directory environment.
• Determines and builds Virtual Server Host and Guest systems and appropriately size and configure for optimal use.
• Ensures functionality of enterprise business applications such as the PeopleSoft suite by configuring OS settings and troubleshooting connectivity issues.
• Creates and modifies group policies, applies policies to objects and trouble shoots group policies.
• Requires a BS and 5 years experience. ITIL Foundations Certification.
• Understands Unisys business strategy and is able to operate successfully with little supervision.
• Microsoft Windows XP or current Microsoft Desktop Operating System and associated hardware.
• Microsoft Office 2003 Suite or current Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, Visio, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Desktop hardware such as memory, hard disks, video, etc.
• Desktop peripherals such as multi-functional devices such as copier/scanner/fax
combos as well as USB devices, etc.
• Basic local and network printer configuration and troubleshooting.
• Desktop security practices, including patching and updating the OS, security settings in the OS and in applications and anti-virus and anti-spy applications.
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 Active Directory, Window domains and file permissions structure.
• Experience providing soft skills such as call management and customer service.
• Remote connectivity such as VPN & dial up networking.
• A working knowledge of Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008R1/R2
• A working knowledge of Citrix XenApp Server and Citrix XenApp Client
• Experience supporting a virtualized application environment, including web, terminal services and click-once presentations.
• A working knowledge of Group Policy Objects.
• An understanding of Role Based Access Security principals
• A strong understanding of IT concepts and principals.
• A working knowledge of broad technical relationships (i.e. desktop to server, desktop to SAN, application system to database, etc).
• IT Concepts / Relationships, situational application of technical concepts, principals to trouble shoot user issues. Understanding of broad reaching effects of failed components and the understanding of dependency effects.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.