We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Desktop Lead to join our team in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will analyzes local and wide area network systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and other devices. Resolve interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms including e-mail, files transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing and the like. Configure systems to user environments. Support acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, and practical, and consistent with organization objectives. Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Contributions to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources. Frequent internal and external customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
• Provides mostly Tier 2 and Tier 3 support and assists with some project implementation within the networking environment.
• Successful provisioning as well as supervision of, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. Installation of new systems, rebuilding existing systems, configuration of hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with customer/ government standards.
• Configuration management of Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), network segments, and Internet and Intranet systems to ensure operability. Installation and maintenance, network hardware and software, analyze problems, and monitor networks to ensure their availability to users.
• Maintains, monitors and troubleshoots within the roles of Incident Management (Return-to-Service) and/or Problem Management (Reason for Outage).
• Evaluates a system’s performance and identifies user needs based on approved software per customer specifications.
• Supports acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
• Works independently on specific projects or may act as lead or Project Manager or a technical consultant where experience and knowledge span multiple projects.
• Ensures all design decisions are evaluated analytically and in a systematic manner in accordance with approved technical approaches, processes and procedures.
• May provide supervision and guidance for one or more team members including task and work product deliverables.
• Works closely with network operations, systems and other groups on business projects, assignments, problems, etc.
• Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development to a final product or solution.
• Ensures proper documentation for the corporate knowledgebase, including design, procedural and lessons learned. This also includes maintaining and updating existing documentation.
• Monitors the Network and System Enterprise with provided tools to ensure the health of the critical client solutions.
• Maintains on-call availability to respond to network issues and up-time; must be flexible and available with the scheduling.
• Contributes to technical artifacts through team/program sharepoints and/or communities of practice.
• Associate's degree and a minimum of 4 years experience in computer system basics and/or related areas of expertise or equivalent.
• ITIL Foundations Certification.
• Knowledge and skills may be obtained from a 2-4 year professional computer/IT degree, technical training plus direct related experience.
• Advanced knowledge in evaluating vendor products and make recommendations to purchase hardware and software.
• Knowledge of setting up administrator and service accounts
• Knowledgeable in network security procedures, best practices, and implementation.
• Has achieved industry standard certifications: Security+, CCNP, CCNA, Network+, MCSA.
• Ability to troubleshoot software issue and customer applications as required.
• Proficient documentation skills are required.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.