We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Data Scientist to join our team in Kingstowne, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
• Develop an understanding of the customer’s data environment through data profiling and statistical analyses
• Execute complex SQL queries of large Oracle table(s) efficiently. (Note: Advanced command of SQL is important – beyond just simple PROC SQL commands in SAS to include perhaps something like Toad or Oracle SQL Developer.)
• Obtain, scrub, explore, model and interpret data currently stored in Oracle databases – using SQL and other data mining tools
• Provide accuracy and biometric sample quality based on machine learning and statistical analyses
Required experience and skills:
• Master's Degree and minimum 15 yearsof experience or equivalent.
• Experience with developing predictive models on accuracy using large data sets for high transactional volume environment
• Experience with evaluating and measuring performance of models
• Should have a firm understanding of common statistical modeling and techniques (e.g., linear regression, logistic regression, decision trees, etc.).
• Conceptual understanding of – and/or prior experiences related to – calculating FAR/FMR, FRR/FNMR, TAR, TNR and False Alarm Rate.
• Conceptual understanding of – and/or prior experiences related to – data profiling, fuzzy matching, entity resolution, and signal detection theory (specifically with respect to SD theory: designing and improving upon systems that monitor, minimize, and balance false positive and false negative outcomes).
• Conceptual understanding of – and/or prior experiences related to biometric performance using ROC, DET, CMC curves, Identification and detection rate curves and so forth.
• Perform the above tasks using Python or R.
• Possess the ability to perform with little direct supervision as a self-starter.
• Demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Be a self-motivated, creative, and inquisitive problem solver with a strong work ethic.
• Be (or rapidly become) a thought-leader in the area of analytics/data science with respect to entity resolution as it pertains to the customer’s mission.
• Be able to generate written documentation of all work performed.
• Have a customer-focused demeanor.
• Have effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to understand and analyze data models – how the data is stored in relational databases
• Ability to understand system integration aspects of integrating model input and output in transactional systems to help real time decision making
• Good understanding software application architecture and develop integration approaches for predictive models
• Prior experience in working in a mission oriented environment a plus
• Experience with statistics, modeling and machine learning techniques a plus
• Advanced – Master’s degree Computer Science or Applied Mathematics or Computational Statistics preferred
• Strong organization and time management skills – prior experience in leading a small team is preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment
• Ability to work effectively in a high energy and a very rapid dynamic environment
• Nice-to-Have Skills
• Clearance – Must pass CBP BI and must have a DoD Secret or be eligible to obtain one
• Citizenship – Must be a US Citizen
• LOCATION: Kingstowne, VA (Alexandria)
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.