We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Data Warehouse Specialist to join our team in Springfield, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The candidate will perform technical administration duties for data warehouse development and maintenance. Provides technical support and coordination during warehouse design, testing and movement to production. Acts as a liaison between engineers, data architects, programmers, and analysts. Implements and enforces standards and procedures to ensure data is managed consistently and properly integrated within the warehouse. Implements business rules via stored procedures, middleware, or other technologies
- Test software systems or applications for software enhancements or new products.
- Review designs, codes, test plans, or documentation to ensure quality
- Provide or coordinate troubleshooting support for data warehouses.
- Prepare functional or technical documentation for data warehouses.
- Write new programs or modify existing programs to meet customer requirements, using current programming languages and technologies.
- Verify the structure, accuracy, or quality of warehouse data.
- Select methods, techniques, or criteria for data warehousing evaluative procedures.
- Perform system analysis, data analysis or programming, using a variety of computer languages and procedures.
- Map data between source systems, data warehouses, and data marts.
- Implement business rules via stored procedures, middleware, or other technologies.
- Develop and implement data extraction procedures from other systems, such as administration, billing, or claims.
- Develop or maintain standards, such as organization, structure, or nomenclature, for the design of data warehouse elements, such as data architectures, models, tools, and databases.
- Design and implement warehouse database structures.
- Create supporting documentation, such as metadata and diagrams of entity relationships, business processes, and process flow
- Create plans, test files, and scripts for data warehouse testing, ranging from unit to integration testing.
- Create or implement metadata processes and frameworks.
- Develop data warehouse process models, including sourcing, loading, transformation, and extraction.
- Design, implement, or operate comprehensive data warehouse systems to balance optimization of data access with batch loading and resource utilization factors, according to customer requirements.
-Bachelor's degree and 3 years of relevant experience or equivalent
-Experience with the design, development and maintenance of enterprise level data systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata or others.
- Strong data modeling skills (normalized and multidimensional).
- Strong technical skills with all data warehousing technologies (e.g., ETL, ODS, DBMS, BI) with experience in Informatica
- Experience in leading successful enterprise data warehousing efforts.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.