We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Asset Manager to join our team in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
- Ownership of all IT assets, wherever they are located across the client’s environment. Asset management, tracking, and auditing are central to this role.
- Support of the logistics of the Assets from the time assets are received, stored, assigned and configured for use, shipped to a destination, and later returned for reuse or decommissioning. For PCs and laptops, Chain of Custody must be ensured for purposes of data protection and processing by IT Security before becoming available for re-use.
- Inventory management, demand management, re-stocking
- ensuring adequate assets are available based upon forecasted needs from clients
- Supervise IT Asset Management and Logistics staff and other asset management processes and Analysts- Effectively partner with Procurement, Finance and IT Operations teams.
- Facilitate key vendor relationships for shipping, warehouse management, asset disposal.
- Assist management in performance improvement of overall demand planning for PCs (and related equipment), routers, switches, APs, and all related peripherals, etc.
- Lead/supervise IT Asset and Logistics Center expansion, optimization
- Assist management in implementing appropriate technology and processes to improve accuracy and efficiency of asset receipt and distribution over the long term
o This includes assessment of alternate methods to tailor service models for unique OpCo requirements, possibly expand oversight to other global regions (or, at minimum, drive global approach and alignment), etc.
- Assist management in development and supervise overall asset management through the entire build lifecycle.
- Perform regular inventory audits, and manage inventory based on OpCo demand
- Support IT equipment refresh cycles
- Drive PC / equipment reclamation and inventory replenishment; break/fix; and track/report on missing assets, etc.
- Support PC Security policies and ensure Chain of Custody for returned units.
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place to support financial, equipment physical storage, and employee safety audits
- Track and report on an array of Service Level metrics.
- Provide leadership in globalizing the Allegis IS approach to Asset Management and Distribution, partnering with EMEA and APAC counterparts.
Supervisory or Management Responsibility:
- Supervise staff of 8-10 individuals, including recruiting, development, evaluation, and applying disciplinary actions. Identify skills and resource gaps required for future work and create training plans.
- Supervise team and ensure information flows within team to facilitate work flow, improve cycle time, and deliver high quality solutions.
- Provide coaching and mentoring.
- Create and execute Leadership Succession Plans.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, IT, or related area and 5 years experience
- ITILv3 certification
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
- Must possess a process-oriented approach to managing lifecycle of IT Assets
- US Citizenship
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.