We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Chief Architect to join our team in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Provides technical solutions in the format of Shared Services in the areas of infrastructure engineering, infrastructure operations, end user productivity, enterprise service desk, ITSM, field engineering, and enterprise mobility, including mobile device management, application hosting, unified communication, mobile security. Identifies and develops innovative and differentiating solutions that lead to improved services and reduced cost-effectiveness with the Federal client.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prefers to having Department of Transformation domain knowledge and customer intimacy
• Provides a vision and transformation roadmap to guide Departmental IT operations from distributed to shared services
• Facilitates Government IT strategic planning and roadmap execution with Government stakeholders; having experience working with C-Level clients
• Functions as a Subject Matter Expert in the technology, process, service methodology, and organizational solutions that position Unisys as a leader in infrastructure operations, user productivity, enterprise service desk, ITSM, field engineering, and enterprise mobility for our Federal Clients.
• Leads activities in developing detailed solutions and guide the implementation of the solutions following Systems Engineering approach
• Capable of synthesizing innovations and technologies in infrastructure operations, enterprise service desk and field engineering areas
• Be experienced with ITSM and ITIL concept and framework, providing expertise to guide ITSM and ITIL implementations
• Be familiar with cloud Management Platform (CMP), and Service Integration and Management framework
• Be familiar with technologies such as Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), mobile, and/or O365
• Provides thought leadership to Unisys delivery program teams and client communities.
• Review service designs and provides input to O&M and EUS engineering team in developing capability demonstrations and proof-of-concept testing.
• Research leading-edge and emerging innovative solutions. Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with third-party vendors and other Unisys business units. Leverages these relationships to the best advantage of Unisys in supporting client requirements. Manage vendor relationships to enable the adoption and integration of new solutions.
• Ensures that all architectural artifacts and deliverables in the responsibility areas are developed to the highest quality standards
• Provides technical leadership and effectively communicates with all levels of management
• Identifies opportunities for asset reuse that reduces overall solution cost and development time.
• Collaborates with the team to identify customer needs and new business opportunities. Supports pre-sales activities and leads technical proposal development.
• Bachelor's degree from a Department of Education accredited college
• Minimum 15 years of overall experience in supporting large program executions as a chief architect, chief technologist, or solution architect. Experience in technical requirements and defining technical solutions in the form of conceptual, logical, and physical designs, including the ability to articulate those concepts both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to synthesize solution design information, architectural principles, available technologies, third-party products, and industry standards to formulate a system architecture that meets client requirements and can be delivered within the desired timeframe.
• 3+ years of direct experience in architecting/engineering mobile device management, mobile content management, mobile identity and access management, and mobile security management.
• Certified ITIL v3 Foundation and service management processes
• Ability to interface with team members at all levels, including business operations, finance, technology, and management.
• 3+ years of application virtualization, application layering, and cross-platform application deployment, VDI solutions and Unified Communication solutions
• Experience working with US Federal Government customers;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• US Citizen
• Experience with Cloud solutions
• Experience with Windows 10, MS SCCM, and Citrix ZenDesktop or ZenApps
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.