We are currently seeking a motivated, career oriented Operations Manager to join our team in Washington, DC to begin a challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
• The Infrastructure Operations Manager (OM) provides leadership of delivery management for our DoT account. The OM works with Client and Unisys account teams to manage delivery of our infrastructure services for DoT. The OM manages an integrated team of Unisys and partners/subcontractors to ensure superior levels of customer satisfaction for our clients. The OM manages the teams based on organizational goals while managing the day-to-day delivery, financials and ensuring client satisfaction. Infrastructure management experience US Federal Government clients and Commercial clients is ideal.
• Accountable for managing the delivery of contracted outsourced services such as business process and information technology to clients with account revenues with range from US $16 million - $30 million annually (levels will be based on size of account revenue).
• Serves as the primary point of contact to the client(s) regarding overall and day-to-day service delivery.
• Ensures SLAs (service level agreements) and KPI (key performance indicators) as defined in the relevant contracts are met or exceeded.
• Ensures that implementations and ongoing services are delivered on time and meet client requirements by maintaining tight control over the project schedule, risks, scope of work and budget.
• Builds and maintains strong client relationships, and participates in client meetings regarding performance to ensure client satisfaction.
• Ensures that operational teams and subcontractors maintain a clear understanding of the client's needs, and provides day-to-day client advice and support.
• Promotes the organization's capabilities and works to achieve contract extension or to win additional business within the account(s).
• Excludes specific technical functional managers or other individuals temporarily assigned project management responsibilities.
• Support the Delivery of Services provided by Unisys to a particular account or groups of accounts. Responsible for the successful planning and implementation of the contracted services where success criteria include meeting cost, schedule, performance and quality requirements through the effective interaction with the related service lines, solution groups and the client. Responsible for managing all delivery resources assigned to their accounts on a daily basis. Interprets, executes and acts as an advisor to service line managers to meet schedules or resolve technical or operational problems.
• Participate in Contract and Account Governance by establishing key business and professional relationships with appropriate delivery organizations to facilitate effective business relationships. Establish clear communication channels with the customer from a strategic and operational perspective. Participate in regular service performance reviews including monthly Project Status Reviews. Conduct periodic meetings with clients and delivery teams – daily status updates, service level requirement reviews, continuous improvement, change control and other informal meetings.
• Manage the statement of work. Develops and administers budgets, schedules and performance standards to maintain and optimize the cost of delivery and service. Achieves approved margin targets on assigned accounts and strives to improve account profitability.
• 10+ years of experience with global and/or regional oversight for end to end delivery of services and solutions to customers
• Expertise and deep understanding in supporting an IT outsourced environment, mainly focused on Infrastructure Services including: Hybrid Cloud (VMware, Azure, AWS), Network Services, Management Tool integration
• Prior US Federal & commercial delivery experience highly desired
• Preferred knowledge across various industries to market, as well as sales strategies, account/program management, service delivery, and financial analysis
• ITILv3 Certification preferred
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in computer science, engineering, MIS, or closely related field required
• A sound understanding of the major Unisys service offerings and an appreciation of evolving technologies and industry trends
• A proven track record in managing service delivery and relationship management skills
• Achievement of Account Financial Objectives, including Revenue/Profitability, SLA achievement, specific account KPI’s, and the client satisfaction targets
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to be on-site in Washington DC
• US Citizenship required
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.