We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented JAVA Backend Developer, interested in joining our team in Kingstowne, VA, and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Developer will join our Entity Resolution project as a collaborative team member in support of ongoing law enforcement enterprise search applications. The right candidate will bring an interest in applying his or her talents to national and homeland security problems.
The senior developer will use Java, SQL and Oracle to design, develop, test and maintain data services (SOAP/REST).
Duties and Responsibilities:
• BS Degree in a related technical fields (Computer Science, Engineering, etc)
• 10+ years of strong Java J2EE/JEE design and software development experience including designing, programming, and documenting large-scale software systems
• Demonstrated expertise with Java, Java Frameworks (Spring, JMS), Object-Oriented Design and development principles; and Java Application Servers such as WebLogic or Apache Tomcat; and relational databases such as Oracle or DB2
• Knowledge of design patterns (GoF, J2EE)
• Demonstrated expertise in software engineering practices (e.g., reading/generating software specs, design patterns, continuous integration)
• Service Oriented Architecture design and development experience
Prefered Experience and Skills
• Experience with Enterprise Search Techologes (Solr, Elasticsearch, Lucene, or others)
• First-hand experience working with large project teams or working with the Federal Government
• Prior experience with Caching, Clustering, Distributed Computing
• Data loading experience or exceptional database knowledge
• Prior experience of working in field of entity resolution or analytics
• Prior experience in working with Customs or ICE travel-related data.
This is a Highly techinal postion.
Clearance – Must pass CBP BI. Must have a secret clearance or be eligible to obtain one.
Citizenship – Must be a US Citizen.
Job Location – 5971 Kingstowne Village Parkway, Alexandria, VA. 22315
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
We are always looking for team members that have what it takes to be mission critical. At Unisys Federal Systems, our team supports the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers
Our team members gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.