We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Java Developer to join our team in Kingstowne, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
• Design and implement Micro Service Architecture JEE software applications
• Use modern software engineering tools including Eclipse, Rational Application Developer (RAD), and Atlassian Suites for design, development, and testing the software
• Present the solution at formal and informal design reviews, and document the design according to the Government’s system lifecycle methodology
• Master’s degree in computer science or related engineering field with 15 years of relevant experience and 9+ years of technical experience or equivalent
• Provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running on AWS (or equivalent cloud providers)
• Java Micro Service Architecture frameworks such as Spring Boot
• Java Frameworks such as Spring, Grails, and Play
• XML, JSON
• SQL, JDBC
• Unix, Linux
• Experience with object-oriented analysis and design techniques
• Thorough understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, storage, monitoring, security etc.) and have experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution
• Scalable Web Applications
• High level of self-motivation, desire to deliver stellar solutions and willingness to work in a distributed team environment
• Ability to lead and mentor junior level developers
Desired knowledge and experience includes
• Experience with architecting, designing and/or developing a biometric search system
• Developing 100% automating unit tests using SOAP-UI, Selenium, or equivalent tools
• Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools (Git and Gradle/Maven)
• with Jenkins and/or Bamboo
• with Zuul and Eureka or equivalent tools
• Load Balancing and Enterprise Service Bus frameworks (preferably under Cloud environment)
• Agile Scrum and possibly experience with leading a Scrum team as a scrum master or equivalent
• Biographic/document text matching using a framework such as Lucene/Solr, ElasticSearch, Sphinx, etc.
• DynamoDB, HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra
• JQuery, AngularJS, NodeJS
• Masters in Computer Science or related field
• Clearance – Must pass CBP BI and must have a DoD Secret or be eligible to obtain one
• Citizenship – Must be a US Citizen
LOCATION: Kingstowne, VA (Alexandria)
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.