We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Technical Tester (Senior) to join our team in Springfield, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Specific day to day test engineering duties include, but not limited to:
• Developing test scripts
• Generating test data
• Data Validation
• Web service testing
• Data interface message testing preferably with XML message set
• Developing SQL or Unix scripts for test data generation or test harness automation
• Execute regression, functional, and system testing
• Verifying results and producing test summaries and defect reports
• Identifying defects and requirement discrepancies
• Generating defect change requests and reporting discrepancies
Must Have Skills:
• Bachelors degree and 8 years experience or equivalent
• At least 3 years of software development (either Java or .Net or SQL programming) experience plus the ability to utilize that experience to develop a strong test approach.
• Strong SQL development skills (preferably PL-SQL) and solid understanding of relational databases especially testing in a large database.
• Ability to understand data models and write test scripts based on the data model
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience with any one of the following Test Management Software (HP Mercury suite of tools –QuickTestPro, Test Director, LoadRunner, Quality Center) to conduct functional, regression and performance testing,
• Evaluate test results, report and manage defects.
• Experience in all stages of application testing, including backend testing, functional, usability, regression, load/stress and performance testing
• Experience with integration level testing, requiring ability to work with both big picture & in-depth domain knowledge.
• Proven ability to develop, execute and maintain automated test suites across multiple environments: Back end applications , Web, Portal andWeb Services, desktop, and
• Web Service testing using Soap UI with basic XML knowledge
Nice to have Skills:
• 6-8 years hands-on experience in software testing, creation and implementation of Test Strategies, Test Plans, Manual Test Cases and Automated Test Scripts.
Experience in backend testing is a prerequisite. Prior experience as a developer is a plus.
• Ability to define and generate meaningful test metrics
• Prior experience in a software development arena is a plus.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills. Must have the ability to present solutions to technical and non-technical project members.
• Experience with XML and NIEM a plus
• Experience working in an agile development process is a plus.
· Clearance – Must pass CBP BI and must have a DoD Secret or be eligible to obtain one
· Citizenship – Must be a US Citizen
· LOCATION: Kingstowne, VA (Alexandria)
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.