We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Senior Cyber Security Engineer to join our team in Augusta, GA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The Senior Cyber Security Engineer has extensive IT experience in all aspects of Cyber Security with a vast array of IT systems involving end user as well as enterprise level networks. Experience in designing and implementing systems that meet agency Cyber Security policy and regulations. Must have extensive experience in Cyber Security Tools, network topologies, intrusion detection, PKI, and secured networks.
Actively participates in engagements that result in profitable revenue growth. Identifies opportunities for follow-on business that brings additional value to the client. Follow-on engagement opportunities include additional implementation services engagements, increasing Unisys chargeable hours, creating change orders when additional work required is outside the original contracted scope of the project and/or services proposal activity in Unisys portfolio areas.
• Has responsibility and accountability for the correctness, viability, and estimates for the infrastructure implementation-related services and components within their engagement.
• Is recognized within Unisys and/or external organizations as an expert in two or more of the specific infrastructure disciplines and is sufficiently knowledgeable to make implementation decisions and uses this knowledge to generate profitable revenue growth for Unisys.
Specific Infrastructure disciplines include:
• Platform infrastructure and operating environments including Unisys products
• Database Infrastructure
• Network Infrastructure and network management
• Security Infrastructure and operating environment / application security
• Middleware and enterprise integration
• Systems Management
• Common services infrastructure including File, Print, Messaging and Collaboration Services
• IT Operations Infrastructure
• IT Processes
• IT Governance, Measurement and Controls
• Provides thought leadership on implementation and integration of COTS components and third party infrastructure products and tools.
• Leverages current industry, technical knowledge and/or entire enterprise IT infrastructure knowledge to perform consulting engagements and participate in pre-sales activities.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge in two or more infrastructure discipline areas including trends, current and forthcoming industry standards and the current and horizon vendor/product landscape and uses this knowledge to support organizational strategy and to formulate and implement organizational strategy.
• Demonstrates proficiency and leadership in infrastructure configuration, installation, construction, test, deployment and performance tuning and/or operations and applies this proficiency in the delivery of services for clients.
• Is responsible and accountable for the successful delivery of infrastructure deliverables within their assigned project. Ensures that all implementation artifacts and deliverables are developed to the highest quality standards.
• Takes responsibility for the complete integrity of the entire large or major infrastructure solution area as designated in the project plan.
• Configures, installs, implements and supports complex technology infrastructure solutions for a client unit or organization.
• Applies industry or domain knowledge to develop custom solution recommendations that conform to project requirements and constraints utilizing industry standards, best practices and internal and/or third party products.
• Integrates solutions from one or more areas of specialization into existing client environments.
• Freely shares expertise and knowledge with peers throughout Unisys.
• Provides leadership and is able to communicate with management (Unisys and client) in areas related to infrastructure and future strategy.
• Interfaces extensively with the client’s senior management (e.g. IT Director) on business, IT infrastructure and technical issues.
• Provides technical presentations to internal and external clients.
May assign and review tasks, provide appropriate mentoring, manage performance feedback, training and professional development opportunities to help individuals reach their full potential.
• Serves as a technology mentor for junior practitioners across the company.
• Monitors the performance of internal and external service providers and/or sub-contractors in order to ensure the awareness or requirements, adherence to project quality, timely implementation of deliverables and resultant client satisfaction
Master's degree and 10 years experience required
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.