We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Customer Support/Service Desk Manager to join our team in Arlington, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Duties: In this role you will provide oversight for service desk based client support, including all systems that support help desk operations. This assistance includes phone and in-person support to users in operational areas that include e-mail, LAN/WAN, directories, standard desktop images and applications, and COTS and GOTS applications. The service desk serves as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting all IT related problems, including hardware/software, passwords, and printer problems. Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments related to service desk and direct end user support. Establishes goals and plans that meet project and end user support objectives. Serves as Task Leader for Tier 2 Service Delivery Contract across all CLINs. Strong proactive customer service skills. Knowledge of Pentagon and culture
Onging operational responsibilities include:
• Managing and motivating a team of service desk specialists who receive assigned incident tickets, phone calls, emails and other communications from customers requesting technical support for related desktop, laptop, peripherals, application and IT related issues.
• Supervising the day-to-day operations of the service desk. Identifies, researches, and resolves complex technical problems. Creates and manages escalation procedures and ensures service levels are maintained.
• Documenting, tracking, and monitoring problems to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
• Ensuring that all support requests are well documented in the IT ticketing system from the creation of the ticket to the successful resolution.
• Managing and improving the IT knowledge base system.
• Working with IT support team resources to ensure proper processes are created and followed to inform, track and support our customers.
• Communicating with internal customers, team members and management regularly during all aspects of service desk operations and ongoing technical issues. Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the client organization.
•Creating and managing reports to upper level management about all aspects of Service Desk performance management including KPIs, SLA status and trends.
• Developing strategies for Service Desk and overall IT performance improvements.
• Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Specialists (Level 1 / 2 /3) including career development.
Has domain and expert technical knowledge. Directs and controls service desk and end user support activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical and service performance requirements are met. Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management. Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation and service performance.
Education: Must have a minimum of a B.A., B.S., in an IT related field. Experience: Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience supporting IT service desk management and managing programs with multiple and complex IT service desks of 5,000 or more customers. At a minimum, a Tier 2 support must have the following qualifications:
1. IA Certification Security Plus or equivalent
2. Computing Environment CE certificate
3. Exam 349,365,366,367 toward MTA
4. Help Desk Training Completed (e.g. HDI or In-house training program)
Certification(s): Must have a minimum of ITIL Intermediate (Lifecycle or Capability); Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert and/or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer and a Help Desk Institute certification (Center Director) or equivalent. Security Clearance: Top Secret
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.