We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented System Integrators interested in joining our team in Springfield, VA and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Provides NGA Segment Integration expertise to the technical planning and full Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) lifecycle implementation (e.g., requirements definition, enterprise test planning, and milestone readiness planning and assessment), for the NSG Ground enterprise mission capabilities, leveraging Mission Partner interfaces, NGA Segments, and GEOINT source data to integrate a new motion imagery resource into the NSG to drive mission tradecraft transformation. Serves as the dedicated Segment Integrator and SME to one of the NGA Segments within the NTM-L baseline (e.g., GIMS/GOM, Cedalion, ODS, GSR, GSP, IEC, iStore, ASC, AE, MSP, GVS, TMA), working with the Segment PMO and Development Contractor to oversee decomposition and implementation of NTM-L requirements into an integrated system-of-system solution that acknowledges technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
Successful candidates must have demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with:
• NGA Segments comprising the end-to-end Tasking, Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (TPED) process, with a deep understanding of the Segments’ application-level capabilities (vice infrastructure), role within the NGA enterprise architecture, and interfaces to other Segments
• Agile and Waterfall NGA Segment Milestones and Control Gates (e.g., Agile Release Planning Events (RPEs), Waterfall Critical Design Reviews (CDRs), Enterprise Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs), assessing Segment readiness and actively participating in events
• Assessment of Segment-derived requirements/use cases, software design, and capability deliveries against enterprise-level requirements
• Configuration control of NGA Segment baselines (e.g., requirements, interfaces, services, schedule effectivities) at the NGA CM and Segment PMO levels
• GEOINT data providers and sources (e.g., Commercial, Airborne, National)
• The SE&I lifecycle for a NGA Segment from requirements development, design assessment, and integration to testing stages and transition
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leading full SE&I lifecycle efforts to coordinate with NGA Segments to ensure timely implementation of capabilities to be integrated into the NGA and NSG enterprise
• Documenting/reviewing NGA Segment schedules and readiness plans relevant to enterprise capability delivery schedules, identifying areas of schedule risk, and mitigating schedule misalignment issues
• Serving as the NTM-L “Product Owner” to a NGA Segment, representing the NTM-L Project in the prioritization and satisfaction of NTM-L requirements within the NGA Segment’s overarching program plan/priorities
• Coordinating NGA Segment data (development and test) needs and GFX items related to NTM-L
• Participating in Milestone Readiness Events (waterfall and agile) to evaluate Segment readiness and Major System Acquisition (MSA) Control gates
• Reviewing NGA and Joint RFCs to assess and identify functional and operational baseline impacts; coordinating NGA Segment impacts to NGA and Joint RFCs
• Identifying, tracking, mitigating, and resolving technical risks and issues related to NGA Segment integration; serving as the formal Risk Owner for Segment risks, developing mitigation plans, reporting on burn-down, and driving to closure
• Coordinating and participating in NGA and Joint enterprise test activities and events to confirm the NSG enterprise design solutions satisfy specified requirements
• Participating in Integrated Project Teams (IPTs) and Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) to serve as focal points for managing project execution and resolving enterprise issues
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or equivalent experience
• 15+ years of Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) experience (e.g., capabilities implementation and SLC process experience), with a minimum of 10 years of recent agency-specific experience.
• Demonstrated system integration experience with one or more of the following NGA segments and understanding of the interdependencies on NSG capabilities:
• ODS (or legacy NGA libraries, such as NCL, STIL, DF-IPL) – ingesting, storing, discovering, transforming, managing, and disseminating structured and unstructured GEOINT data
• iStore (or legacy NGA libraries) – local storage and finished product dissemination
• GSR (or legacy NGA enterprise search capabilities, such as NGDS, ES) – broad-scale integrated enterprise search and retrieval of GEOINT content/metadata
• TMA – target monitoring, alerting, and analyst notification in support of target exploitation
• Ability to coordinate efforts with NGA Segments to drive cross-segment integration and capture and document schedule, test, and transition events relevant to planned enterprise-level development
• Experience with Agile engineering and development methods (user story generation, sprint/scrum development, backlog management, and test-drive development)
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Good customer teaming skills; ability to collaborate in cross-functional teams
• Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
• IT credentials and certifications (e.g., DAWIA, PMP, INCOSE, ITIL, CISSP, and SAFe Agile)
• Knowledge of NSG change management processes (e.g., RFC process)
• Knowledge of the NSG cloud architecture/implementation
• Demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary project teams
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, and ability to lead technical forums
• Segment, GEOINT, NGA, NSG, Systems Engineer/Integrator, Agile, TCPED, RFC, NTM
• ODS, iStore, TMA, GSR, NCL, STIL, IPL, NGDS, ES
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
We are always looking for team members that have what it takes to be mission critical. At Unisys Federal Systems, our team supports the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers.
Our team members gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.