Potential for Remote/Virtual work (on site work required on a "needs" basis).
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Developer to join our team in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The Developer must have experience in analyzing customer needs and developing overall concept and design objectives. The developer must be able to create software in a variety of programming and for a variety of IT software applications. Must have experience in debugging and correcting errors in computer programs.
Models and applies software engineering methods and techniques to the design, definition, development, evaluation, integration, qualification and/or support of complex products, tools, or technologies in one or more areas of expertise. May work independently or cooperatively with other software developers, often assuming technical and project leadership roles. Considered a technical authority in a specific application. May function as a technical consultant or researcher.
Responsible for developing and maintaining web-based custom applications for the organization. Provides technical support for developed applications. Ensures applications are integrated with other front-end applications, networks and databases. Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project. Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications. Analyzes requirements and maintains, tests, and integrates application components. Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented. Has a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Has in-depth knowledge in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions. Applies a broad range of theories, concepts, principles, and methodologies to assignments involving complex features. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments. Works independently. May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
• Designs complex requirements to comply with project standards delivered on time and to specification.
• Performs detailed design of complex applications and complex architecture components.
• Performs coding and unit testing activities for complex requirements independently.
• Works medium to complex defects and resolves performance problems.
• Reviews design, coding, and unit testing. Manages code reviews and ensures that code complies with the standard defined for the project.
• Accountable for service commitments at individual request level for in scope applications and requests.
• Ensures that the effort consumed for resolving the TR are in line with the duration defined for the program.
• Is an expert in deployment activities (QAT, UAT environments etc...)
Functional knowledge in one or more functional groups and the requirements / Use cases with guidance from BA’s
• Provide inputs on technical dependencies and prioritization of requirements.
• Ensures that CSAT is Green related to service quality, adherence to SLA, skill, technical expertise, understanding the business needs and competency.
• Coordinates technical release activities with applications development and operations staff to ensure successful release outcomes.
• Provides mentorship and guidance to junior team members in understanding requirements clearly without any ambiguity.
• May lead and mentor a team of up to 10 developers in configuring and developing. This mix can be on or off shore and Unisys or contractor employees with less development experience.
• Oversees all build and deployment activities for application development efforts.
• Responsible for managing the integrity of all pre-production environments, such as development, test, QA and staging environments.
• May be responsible for the analysis, design, implementation and support of all systems and processes supporting the configuration management process, such as source code management, workflow, issue tracking, deployment, provisioning and testing automation.
• May lead efforts in process improvement and may monitor the performance of all configuration management activities.
• May provide leadership and guidance for the development, testing and implementation of processes used for configuration management, deployment and automation.
• May define CCM Strategy/Plan, may design and maintain the branching and merging strategy and component architecture.
• May design the integration between the SCM tools and CI Tools, and may setting Configuration Management policies and procedures
• Write at least one white-paper/case study or present a tech-talk on any technical/process/management topic.
• Promotes innovation within team or project.
Masters degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required with 10 years’ experience
Experience with Could Application Migration (AWS/Azure).
Experience with VA Systems/Applications preferred
Veteran-focused Integration Process
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.