We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Enterprise Service Desk Level 1 Agent interested in joining our team in Arlington, VA and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Positions require shift work, all shifts avaliable.
Responsible for providing the first-line of telephone technical support of hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or applications for customers. Answers more complex questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, and usage of assigned products. Applies basic diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures. Escalates complex problems to higher level of expertise within organization.
The Level 1 Service Desk Agents will be required to support Unisys Clients and meet contractual service levels by providing a high level of customer service and Tier 1 customer support. They will be required to clearly articulate customer requirements and interface with a variety of second level teams and third party service providers. The Level 1 Agent will deal with all calls to the Service Desk that can be varied and complex requiring a wide range of technical knowledge and interpersonal skills to assist, diagnose and or resolve issues. The Level 1 agent will also be required to assist with managing escalated customer issues and creation of updates to process and procedure documentation as required.
• Provides technical support of hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or applications.
• Assists with navigating around application menus, may be required to remote into customer's computer.
• Troubleshoot network connectivity issues, working with remote employees on a corporate network.
• Develops and sustains a productive customer relationship, making the customer and their needs a primary focus.
• Offers alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customers' and clients' business.
• Escalates complex problems to the Remote Support Engineering staff or Field Engineering when appropriate
• High School Diploma or equivalent required with 6 months related experience
• Security Requirement – Active DoD Secret Clearance Preferred. Must be US Citizen and possess a US Government Secret security clearance or have the ability to obtain a US Government Secret security clearance, prior to hire.
• Previous computer technical support preferred.
• A+, MCP, Dell or other industry identified certifications are preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Network troubleshooting, including connectivity issues, locating IP or TCP/IP addresses, VPN software, supporting remote users.
• Understanding of Active Directory to unlock and reset passwords.
• Proficient with troubleshooting all Windows Operating systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve email issues, specifically MS Outlook.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
• Outstanding customer skills, with the ability to empathize and professionally troubleshoot and resolve customer's issues.
• ITIL Foundations Certification
• Microsoft Desktop Administration certification
• Analytical and diagnostic skill
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.