We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Tools Developer interested in joining our team in Chantilly, VA, and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The Systems Engineering & Integration for the National Systems for Geospatial-Intelligence program delivers full life-cycle systems integration and engineering services to the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) and is chartered to provide technical leadership for many of NGA’s highest priorities.
The Cloud System Administrator will serve as a member of the SEIN Processes and Tools team and will provide systems engineering and project management expertise for several cloud activities. The Systems Administrator will maintain, upgrade and provide support for clients software, hardware, and networks. The Systems Administrator needs to be able to diagnose and resolve problems. The Systems Administrator is also responsible for maintaining our system infrastructure, including firewalls, testing computer equipment, backing up databases, installing and updating malware software, installing and rebuilding existing servers as well as other processes. The SEIN Cloud Software Engineer will work side-by-side with contractor and government personnel to ensure the successful planning and implementation of the customer's applications into the Amazon Web Services (AWS) footprint.
• Manage system infrastructure including, databases, testing computer equipment, firewalls, malware and other software and hardware.
• Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues that may arise.
• Monitor the system daily and respond quickly to any security breaches or usability concerns.
• Backup systems and verify that backups have been completed.
• Regularly upgrade systems as needed.
• Assist in integrating new applications and technologies into the current system.
• Create and modify applications’ database schemas
• Create and modify application related objects, creating profiles, users, roles and maintaining system security
• Administration of Linux / Windows virtual machines to include the installation of patches and troubleshooting
• Work cloud implementations and cloud migration process to integrate/migrate legacy and new applications into the AWS cloud environment.
• Work with subject matter experts within the contract and the industry on ISP and Cloud best practices. Serve as the link between application development and infrastructure services programs
• Produce weekly, monthly activity reports to government customers and the SEIN program
• Overseeing monthly (and Ad Hoc) maintenance and server vulnerability patching and STIG compliance.
• Improve and enhance the AWS infrastructure automation via best practices for server backup, instance, volume and snapshot management.
• Active TS/SCI Clearance
• Bachelor’s degree in CS / Math / Science / Engineering / Information Technology related technical field and 8 years experience or equivalent
• 2+ years’ experience as a system administrator
• Experience with AWS/C2S Services: Management - CloudWatch (Events/Logs), IAM, CloudTrail, EC2 Systems Manager, IaaS - EC2, VPC, EBS, ELB, KMS, Config, SNS, SQS, SES, SWF, S3, Glacier
• Working knowledge of DevOps, Release engineering and Operations approach
• Experience with systems architectures (hardware, software, networking, and databases)
• Experience with Windows/Linux command-line interface (powershell/bash)
• DOD 8570 compliance (Security +, CISSP, etc.)
• A team player capable of high performance and flexibility in a dynamic working environment
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Experience with ServiceNow and DOORS Administration
• Administrative experience with relational databases (AWS RDS, IBM DB2, Oracle, SQL Server)
• SSL certificate implementation
• AWS Associate Level Certification
• Proficiency and experience with AWS developer tools and workflows (AWSCLI, CloudFormation)
• Working knowledge of continuous integration and delivery tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
• Demonstrated working knowledge of the NGA organization and programs and ASP vs. ISP knowledge.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.