We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Software Application Development Support Engineer join our team in Northern Virginia and on the client location in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems. In this role, you will serve as an Atlassian JIRA/Confluence Administrator in support of work on a Federal project.
Working with Department of Homeland Security clients, you will provide assistance to a Program Management Office (PMO) that supports multiple work streams to include managing the development efforts for a large Data Analytics project, creating data visualizations and other analytical products, supporting a large-scale system modernization effort that uses Agile methodologies, coordinating and monitoring performance across multiple contractor development teams, managing business and functional requirements, and managing program risks and issues. The successful candidate will work as a member of an engagement team led by a Small Business Partner to provide day-to-day administrative support for a large Atlassian JIRA/Confluence instance for approximately six projects/development teams. The Atlassian JIRA/Confluence instance also leverages plug-ins for Risk Management and Requirements Management (i.e., RMsis). Several of the development teams are not co-located (i.e., distributed teams) so knowledge of JIRA/Confluence collaboration is essential.
• Perform general JIRA/Confluence design and development tasks, to include customization.
• Create JIRA reports (e.g., burndown reports, sprint reports, technical debt, etc.), visuals, and dashboards.
• Create and maintain Confluence collaboration sites (e.g., Kanban boards, Scrum boards, documentation pages, etc.)
• Create, update and remove JIRA/Confluence user profile information for distributed development teams and for Federal personnel. Since the project has more than six development teams, the JIRA/Confluence instance will have approximately 75 users.
• Provide JIRA/Confluence assistance, as needed, to development teams and Federal personnel.
• While primary responsibilities will be associated with Atlassian JIRA/Confluence administration, requests to assist with development or testing activities may occur.
Familiarity and experience with the following is highly desirable:
• Experience in Federal government consulting.
• Active DHS/FEMA Public Trust clearance.
• Hands-on Atlassian JIRA/Confluence Administration experience for multiple/distributed development teams.
• Hands-on experience with Administrion for JIRA plugins related to Risk Management, Requirements Management (like RMsis), and Test Case Management.
• Hands-on experience using Jira APIs for integration with other tools.
• Familiarity with SQL, Java, Python, APIs, Tomcat, ETL (Pentaho), geospatial (preferred).
• Genuine desire to learn is essential.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
The successful candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Work can commence before a clearance is granted, but must wait until the initial background check is complete.
A BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar degree plus three years related expereince is requried. A Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field can be substituted for some experience. .
Local candidates only. Work location: Northern Virginia and Washington, DC.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.