We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Senior Network Engineer to join our team in Northern Virginia and begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems. The ideal candidate is an individual familiar with evolving Next Generation Network (NGN) concepts, has extensive knowledge of network design, security and operations and experience supporting DHS HQ and/or Component staff on DHS OneNet network engineering projects. You will have the functional knowledge and ability to take a concept and turn it into a finished product. You will provide highly technical and specialized guidance and solutions to complex information technology problems, perform elaborate analyses and studies, prepare reports and other documentation, and give presentations.
In this role, you will apply your expertise on multiple complex network engineering assignments that are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. You will apply your comprehensive knowledge of NGN and experience working on DHS OneNet across key tasks and high impact assignments, evaluate performance results and recommend changes as necessary to achieve project success. You will support development of networks, systems and demonstrations related to a broad range of business areas, including supporting the design, development, and enhancement of software solutions and demonstrations. Your primary responsibilities will be working with teams designing, testing and building applications to meet customer requirements and goals. You will be responsible for architecting and implementing the solution for transition from an older network technology to the next generation network. You will also support preparation of white papers, acquistion responses and other documents.
Required skills and experience:
• 15+ years experience in network development, architecture, and engineering for complex network and WAN environments.
• Previous experience supporting DHS including 3 + years direct involvement with DHS OneNet.
• Familiarity with Next Generation Network (NGN) and Software Defined Networks (SDN) concepts including packet-based networks that can provide telecommunications services and are able to use multiple broadband, quality of Service-enabled transport technologies and in which service-related functions are independent from underlying transport-related technologies.
• Candidate must have prior experience with network hardware / software to include; routers, switches, optical multiplexers, cryptographic devices, intrusion detection services, firewalls, serial networks and timing systems.
• Experienced in software defined networks.
• A solid working knowledge of telecommunications, Ethernet, TCP/IP, and infrastructure technologies such IEEE, EIA/TIA, coax, copper, and fiber.
• An understanding of WAN, LAN, and Campus technologies plus be familiar with routing protocols to include; BGP, EIGRP, OSPF and IP/MPLS.
• Must be knowleadgeable of VPN, IPSEC Tunnels and other related protocols.
• Knowledge of DHS Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) functions and design and how to migrate customers into the TIC DMZ.
• Experienced in providing Enterprise Network and Unified Communications capacity planning and monitoring on multi-vendor platforms.
• Experience in providing operational Enterprise IP Telephony and Unified Communications support.
• Experience in providing operational Enterprise Collaboration Services support to include, but not limited to: multi-vendor and multi-platform Video Teleconferencing.
• Able to assess infrastructure, identify areas for improvement, and recommend solutions.
• Knowledge of relevant server-side tools and technologies.
• Experience with network monitoring and management using an automated solution.
• Extensive experience with security as it pertains to network architecture, end user devices, servers, firewalls, routers, and intrusion detection systems (IDS).
• Able to white board unique customer solutions to verify network requirements for the data center or for Components to include LAN and WAN requirements and discuss how to support customer migrations into data centers from a networking perspective.
Familiarity and experience with the following is desirable:
• Hold the Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification.
•Internet technologies including Internet Protocol (IP) and multiprotocol label switching (MPLS).
• At the application level, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and ITU-T H.323.
• Experience in all phases of the engineering lifecycle including: requirements; architecture; design; implementation; testing; and operations and maintenance.
• Identifying security issues and risks, and developing mitigation plans, architecting, designing, implementing, supporting, and evaluating security-focused tools and services.
• Experienced in WAN optimization strategies and configuration management.
• Experience with BMC Remedy, Service Now, ITIL best practices and change management processes.
• Developing and updating OneNet systems engineering documentation in accordance with CMMI best practices, DHS SELC policy and guidelines.
• Participating in security compliance efforts such as DHS’s Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) requirements.
• Familiarity with FedRAMP and ATO process.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Management or related field degree or higher and a minimum of 15 years of related experience. Applicable advance certifications and education and specific skills can be substituted for Master's degree or years of experience. Current DHS Clearance is a bonus.
Local candidates only. Work location: Northern Virginia
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.