We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Proposal Manager to join our team in Reston, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will manage an entire proposal process for complex proposals from solution meeting to proposal delivery. You will validate compliance with proposal requirements and lead a team to successfully submit a proposal by the client-provided deadline. You will establish and maintain a compliant outline, a proposal schedule, a compliance matrix, style convention guidelines, and be adept at overall RFP analysis. You will demonstrate the ability to manage more than one proposal at a time and a willingness to work extended hours. Your leadership skills will help to assist other proposal team staff in meeting deadlines. The ideal candidate will provide proofreading skills, possess a keen attention to detail, and handle stressful situations. You will also demonstrate your dependability and exceptional customer service skills.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
Analyze the RFP and make associated proposal process and content judgments
Provide guidance to capture manager/sales lead and assigned LOB and proposal center staff
Define style conventions based on proposal center standards and the RFP
Establish and maintain proposal schedule, compliant outline, and compliance matrix Create, as needed, requirements and compliance matrices of RFP requirements
Approves template, cover, spine, tab, and label content (text and artwork)
Gathers and submits RFP questions
Plans and leads kick-off, status meetings, and all color reviews
Ensure proposal compliance with RFP requirements
Initiates and ensures RFP and appropriate proposal sections are reviewed by legal, contracts, andinsurance groups (working with capture manager/sales lead)
Ensures completion of required forms by the appropriate personnel
Prepares review packages and provides necessary guidance
Establishes and maintains the on-line workspace
Coordinates with and supports graphics and production efforts
Reviews all sections
Signs off on all final sections for print
Ensures on time production and communicates delivery plan
Leads book check review
May manage multiple proposals in the same timeframe
Creates a positive work environment, demonstrates a professional attitude, and meets established goalsand responsibilities while working in cooperation with colleagues
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Bachelor's degree in business or related field
• A minimum of 10 years proven successful experience managing, writing, and coordinating Federal Government proposals of moderate to high complexity; At least 8 years of Federal proposal management on $20M or larger opportunities.
•Experience in leading other proposal managers and production staff to include writers, editors, graphical artists, desktop publishers, and proposal coordinators in the consistent use of processes and procedures. Responsible for direct management of proposal management team.
• Experience working with proposal teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment supporting critical business development activities
• Strong analytical, organizational, and managerial skills
• The ability to use standard English writing styles and structures to write proposal sections; this includes the ability to research and synthesize information from multiple sources (subject matter experts, previous proposals) into a cohesive, easy-to-read, and persuasive final product
• Experience at identifying data that is needed for 100% compliance with the RFP
• Ability to effectively participate in proposal review meetings
• Able to balance multiple projects and work to meet deadlines
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ability to work on multiple projects and under tight deadlines
• Ability to work with teams and individuals of varying working styles
• Ability to work overtime often with no advance notice
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.