We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Unified Communications Engineer to join our team in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Essential Job Functions:
· Utilizes excellent written and oral communication skills to work closely with executive Federal leadership and contractor and vendor technical staff to identify best solutions for the organization.
· Comfortable working independently and hands-on to prototype and evaluate custom and third party solutions for fit within the organization.
· Advises on high-level, complex solution development, architecture and management processes from concept ideation through development, launch and maintenance. Interfaces with development, account and executive management to develop and grow solutions and portfolios of solutions and offerings and to increase productivity and profits.
· Promotes use of strategic solutions and offerings by the business development community and provides guidance to sales/proposal teams during the launch phase of the life cycle. Participates in solution selling activities to ensure that marketing plans are in alignment with and satisfy business requirements.
· Leads customer and opportunity-specific technical solution architecture efforts. Creates written and graphical content to support client and business stakeholders.
· Leads research initiatives of existing business environment including trends, best practices and organization preferred architectural frameworks to ensure organization's services match business trends. Suggests appropriate upgrades or relevant solutions to enhance organization's competency in meeting changing business needs.
· Interfaces and leads discussions across cross-functional teams, engaging executive management to ensure consistency in solution development and implementation.
· Defines complex solutions which align with and support client requirements, needs and enterprise environment. Mentors and leads project teams in the appropriate use of strategic solutions and offerings.
· Identifies and evaluates business requirements; evaluates concepts and models such as market timing, knowledge of industry and trends. Reviews and approves decisions prior to implementation to ensure adherence to business strategies.
· Advises management regarding vision and strategy, technology innovations and enterprise architecture services.
Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success
· Prepares vision and strategy work products,,technology and product analysis, white papers, and responses to queries on strategy and product related topics.
Technical Experience (Telecom / Unified Communications Engineering Management):
Engineering capabilities information technology and related services to support the customer with IT project quality control oversight, technical requirements gathering and development, cabling design consultation and engineering services needed to assist in the development of integrated network cabling and low voltage cabling Installation Design Packages (IDPs).
Design and capacity management of network cabling on-site installation and quality assurance for the design and verification of test results for Information Technology physical layer cable plant, CATV/CCTV cabling, low-voltage security electronics cabling, and telephone communications cabling work incidental to new facility construction projects and facility refurbishment/remodeling projects nationwide
Provide assessments of technical requirements provided by customer representatives including any standardized design and/or engineering criteria expected for the design.
Lead technical effort to provide complete technical assessments of completed cable installation tasks, project progress and desired outcomes in accordance with project plans and schedules.
Test-driven, and Behavior-driven Development (TDD / BDD)
Support contract and design efforts at multiple nationwide locations.
Maintains and manages the client interface at the senior levels of the client organization
Meets with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items. Ensures strict conformance to/with program task schedules and prices
Will have Telecom, Unified Communications and Network design and construction domain and expert technical knowledge
Have technical level of experience to oversee UC / PBX / Netowrk requirements and must provide technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments, and must establish goals and plans that meet project objectives.
Provides development of Telcom UC project Software Quality Assurance Plan and the implementation of procedures that conforms to the requirements of the contract.
Provides an installation Design Plan (IDP) in accordance with the customers’ site-specific technical requirements
Provides independent assessments of how the project's software development process is being implemented relative to the defined process and recommends methods to optimize the organization's process.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, information technology or related field
8-10 years or more years of managing Telcom and Unified Communications design and build out experience
Experience working with VoIP, Unified Communications and networking products and services, business processes and re-engineering
Experience working with the engineering design, build out, project management and validation of telecommunications and networking projects.
Experience working with office productivity tools; delivery assurance and/or industry standards on deliverables
Experience working with administrative and/or workflow systems
Previous Experience as an VoIP Engineer or Architect for Telcom OSP / UC Engineering or OSP/ UC / PBX Installation with major telecom carrier or manufacturer of VoIP solutions
Must be US Citizen and able to pass background security check covering areas of financial stability, no prior felony convictions, positive social visibility
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.