We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Cloud Migration Engineer to join our team in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Potential for Remote/Virtual work (on site work required on a "needs" basis).
The Cloud Migration Engineer must have experience in the migration, or initial deployment of applications and services to cloud and other virtualized environments. Must have significant in depth understanding of and experience with the migration of legacy systems to cloud, and knowledge of the options available in terms of tools, platforms, etc. in migrating applications and services to the cloud. Must be able to identify strategies for addressing requirements. Must have extensive experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues Is responsible for dictating design choices to software and system solution developers, including but not limited to: platforms, deployment platform and virtualized environment solutions. Has extensive data center development experience and thorough knowledge of development and deployment platforms. Has experience with and knowledge of VA system development, testing, integration, and operations processes and policies; as well as the platforms on which VA deploys systems and services.
Business Development and Client Facing Responsibilities:
Fills a technical leadership role with in-depth portfolio related technology specialization to build quality infrastructure solutions that meet the requirements and advises clients on Unisys Solution offerings, strategy, designs, specific technologies, implementation approaches and alternatives / tradeoffs.
• Identifies opportunities for follow-on business and assists in creating change orders.
• Leads or supports delivery of advisory services, strategic planning activities and business case development within the assigned Unisys portfolio areas and infrastructure disciplines such as application / storage platforms, databases, networks, security and IT processes / operations / governance. Mentors junior architects on advisory services delivery..
• Analyzes and evaluates client requirements against portfolio offerings and performs build vs. buy analyses.
• Architects a complete solution using appropriate portfolio offerings with design elements that allow integration into client environment.
• May refine and optimize infrastructure architectural models and creates architectural prototypes as required. Reviews the architectural artifacts and/or technology plans produced by junior architects.
• Adheres to appropriate SDF processes, architectural artifact requirements and architectural best practices.
• Is responsible for the solution integrity within the assigned solution area for the engagement.
• Maintains knowledge of technologies, industry trends, standards and design techniques.
Service Delivery Responsibilities:
Fills an architect functional role with in-depth portfolio related technology specialization to develop or refine infrastructure solution designs based on Unisys portfolio offerings and interfaces with the client on all issues related to the design, implementation, testing and cutover of the solution.
• Works with client stakeholders to evaluate the solution requirements and supports the management and traceability of requirements during the engagement
• Acts as a subject matter expert resource to clients on Portfolio Solution processes, required products, product configuration, solution integration, implementation methodologies, resource requirements and implementation timelines.
• Interfaces to all levels of the client’s organization on solution implementation progress, technical issues, proper practices and technical requirements.
• Acts as a key contact for medium to large client portfolio solution implementations including oversight of multiple engagements within the assigned portfolio area.
• Promotes the use of Unisys standard SDF methods, tools and processes for the client engagement
• May develop and refine infrastructure design models using Unisys standard asset discovery and infrastructure modeling tools. Leads or supports design peer reviews and internal project reviews.
• Works with client technical staff during the requirements definition and implementation to resolve issues
• Assumes accountability for the infrastructure solution technology components and the successful implementation of the full solution. May include hands-on modeling, design, configuration, installation, performance tuning, prototyping and/or other efforts required to keep the project on a successful track.
• Provides input on implementation status and changes to risks, estimates or schedule
• Collaborates with peers to efficiently resolve technical issues, improve implementation quality and share high quality information
Bachelor's degree in Computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline and 10 years’ experience required.
Experienced with Cloud Migration Strategy, Planning, and Migration activities
Architect or developer certifications in AWS or Azure cloud technologies.
Experience delivering solutions to the Dept. of Veterans’ Affairs (VA) with major programs
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.