We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Business Analyst with IT Program MO Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) Process and Documentation expertise to join our team in Northern Virginia and on the client location in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role, you will be part of a PMO that supports a large-scale system modernization effort that uses Agile methodologies, coordinates and monitors performance across multiple contractor development teams, manages business and functional requirements, reviews/consolidates SELC documentation, facilitates Agency-wide SELC gates (e.g., Release Planning Review, Release Readiness Review, etc.), interprets Agency implementation of Department of Homeland Security (DHS) SELC guidance/directives/templates, manages program risks and issues as well as several other functions.
The successful candidate will work as a member of our DHS engagement team to coordinate with approximately eight projects/development teams to review and consolidate their SELC documentation (e.g., System Design Document (SDD), Capabilities and Constraints (CAC) document, etc.) related to software releases and planned SELC gates like the Release Planning Review (RPR) and the Release Readiness Review (RRR). The candidate should be able to interpret Agency SELC guidance to determine expected SELC gate inputs, outcomes, and participants – as well as create presentations (i.e., PowerPoint) and summary documents that are used to convey information to Agency executives (i.e., members of the Senior Executive Service). This is a customer-facing role that requires strong knowledge of and hands-on experience with creating/reviewing SELC documents; basically a Subject Matter Expert (SME) who will speak confidently with “SELC Documentation Leads” of the various development teams. The IT PMO SELC Process and Documentation SME role does not involve writing SELC documents all day. It does involve coordinating across teams (i.e., written and verbal communication skills), making sure that documents are compliant with DHS guidance/standards, and preparing for SELC gates in conjunction with the customer (i.e., preparation needs to be transparent, iterative, vetted, and approved prior to the gate).
• Participate in the Pivot Integrated Project Team (IPT) meetings.
• Prepare for and facilitate the bi-weekly Pivot SELC Documentation sub-IPT meeting across approximately eight development teams (with SELC Documentation Leads as core members).
• Manage the Pivot SELC Documentation sub-IPT Confluence page content (i.e., Atlassian tool) and track progress/status across all development teams.
• Serve as a primary Point of Contact (POC) for SELC Documentation-related questions for development teams and for the customer.
• Review and provide comments for various SELC documents submitted by the development teams for individual software releases as well as for oversight entities that request SELC documentation for Pivot. This review will not only include a technical review of the content, but also a compliance review with Agency guidance/templates and a completion review for SELC gate preparedness (i.e., all documents required for the RRR have been submitted). Basically, documentation reviews need to span content-appropriateness, accuracy, compliance, and completion.
• Review and provide comments on the following types of SELC documents (examples, not intended to be comprehensive):
o Functional Requirements Document (FRD)
o Concept of Operations Document (CONOPS)
o Integrated Logistics Support Plan (ILSP)
o System Design Document (SDD)
o System Engineering Life Cycle Tailoring Plan (SELC-TP)
o Agile Definition of Done (DoD)
o Agile Capabilities and Constraints (CAC) Document
o Test Execution Management Plan (TEMP)
o Test Execution Plan (TEP)
o Interface Control Document (ICD)
o Configuration Management Plan (CMP)
• When required, consolidate documents submitted by several development teams into a Pivot master document (for final submission).
• Help prepare for Agency-wide SELC gates that include members of the Senior Executive Service (e.g., the CIO). This includes creating presentations.
• As needed, assist other IT PMO members with various tasks ranging from creating status reports to tracking risks and collecting Agile software metrics (e.g., velocity).
You must be to work collaboratively in a team environment. Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential. Other requirements include:
• US Citizenship.
• A BA/BS degree, preferably in a related field.
• At least three years of work experience or a Master’s degree in a related field.
• Expertise related to the Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC), best practice IT methodologies, and guidance (e.g., CMMI, ITIL, etc.).
• Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
• Ability to work with multiple development teams/projects with various SELC Documentation Leads - who are not necessarily co-located.
• Ability to review existing Project SELC documentation and to provide assistance to the customer/development teams.
• Ability to review, consolidate, and summarize SELC documentation status provided by development teams.
• Ability to run Integrated Project Team (IPT) meetings and SELC gates with various types of stakeholders.
• Ability to create executive-level presentations for Branch Chiefs and members of the Senior Executive Service.
• Ability to use Atlassian JIRA and Confluence to review development team updates, obtain status, and collaborate with teams.
• Ability to work well with clients to determine requirements and to execute a plan to meet those requirements in a timely and efficient manner.
• Strong qualitative skills and comfort working with, analyzing, and synthesizing program information and data.
Familiarity and experience with the following is highly desirable:
• Experience in Federal government consulting.
• Active DHS/FEMA Public Trust clearance.
• Hands-on experience with the DHS Systems Engineering Life Cycle (facilitates reviews for compliance with DHS templates/guidance).
• Understanding of and experience with DHS SELC documentation templates and required gates.
• Strong familiarity with the DHS MD-102-01-001, the DHS SELC, the DHS Agile SELC, and the DHS Technical Review Document.
• Hands-on experience with JIRA and Confluence.
• Hands-on experience working with multiple/distributed development teams to create consolidated documents.
• Genuine desire to learn is essential.
• In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
The successful candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Work can commence before a clearance is granted, but must wait until the initial background check is complete.
A BA/BS degree, preferably in a related field along with three years related experience is required. A Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field can be substituted for some experience. .
Local candidates only. Work location: Washington, DC.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.