We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Developer/Architect to join our team in Alexandria, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
SQL Server, responsive design technologies such as bootstrap, flex layout and material design.
The candidate should have a good understanding of agile development and CI/CD practices to include client, server side unit testing and experience with applying design patterns.
Excellent communications skills is a must as the candidate will work in close collaboration with analysts, developers, stakeholders, and end-users in support of a wide range of new and existing applications.
The candidate is expected to 1) understand the full Software Development Life Cycle and all of its activities, 2) develop clean, maintainable, and scalable code using best practices and coding standards, 3) integrate unit testing, continuous integration, and automated building/testing into the development process, 4) maintain detailed and accurate technical documentation, and 5) set standards for developing quality software in an effective and efficient manner.
• 5+ years’ of hands on experience with ASP.NET MVC, Web API, and C#
• 5+ years’ experience with T-SQL and SQL Server (as well as other databases)
• Experience working with AJAX scripting and JSON
• Experience with Visual Studio and SQL Server
• Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS), NuGet, GIT, unit testing frameworks, and logging frameworks
• Experience working in an Agile scrum team environment
• UI/UX design
• Ability to work within small, dynamic teams in a professional manner
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
o Ability to collaborate with team members of varying technical backgrounds
o Ability to communicate effectively with customers to understand needs and elicit requirements
• Ability to work independently with little supervision to lead applications from requirements through deployment while actively participating in each phase.
• Hands on experience in cloud computing and cloud providers (AWS, Azure), or willingness to learn, to assist/lead pending migration to the cloud is highly desired but not required
• Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) and Domain Driven Design (DDD)
• Mobile development/frameworks (Xamarin, Titanium, Cordova, Andriod Studio, Flutter, DART)
• Responsive Web Design
• Experience customizing and deploying SharePoint solutions: App Model, REST, and CSOM is highly desired
• Experience with JIRA and other Atlassian tools is desired but not required
• Knowledge of build automation and continuous integration and deployment (Jenkins, TFS)
• SharePoint related development experience is desired
• Microsoft certifications in applicable and related areas preferred
• Master’s degree and 15 years of experience or equivalent
Government Eligibility Requirements:
• Candidate selected must be a U.S. Citizen per contractual requirements. Must be able to obtain and maintain government eligibility requirements and must meet U.S. Citizenship requirements
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.