We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Software Developer - Front End - Angular - DoD to join our team in Reston, VA, to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Announcement of award Link. See below:
U.S. Navy Selects Unisys Software for Secure, Mission-Critical Communications
Our ideal candidate is a strong application developer with current Java, focus on front end expertise with Angular development background.
In this role you will gain an understanding of the functional and operational environment of a legacy system and work with a small team on a complete system modernization in Java.
This individual should have experience developing using Agile methodology, in an Open Source environment. This individual should support UI/UX and/or User centric Design efforts with some backend application development experience.
Collaborate with product manager/owners and development team during all phases of the project to promote successful delivery of quality products to our customers.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Serve as the primary resource for UI development on a new application development effort
• Exercise experience and knowledge of Java language and support Micro-services and/or API based environment as well as UI/UX capabilities.
• Provide full lifecycle programming and operational support of a mission critical system.
• Develops and applies methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of system design requirements and problems.
• Analyzes and evaluates user requirements by coordinating with the user to define the problem, data availability, report requirements, and system design problems.
• Defines system objectives and prepares system design specifications.
• Supports Agile and Kanban environments.
• Understanding of various software development and test methodologies including Traditional/Waterfall, Agile, Scrum.
• Daily duties include code debugging, testing, documentation generation, system and splice testing and integration.
• Travel to client location for meetings when needed.
• Exercise software development leadership skills, participating in code review.
• Leverage strong Junit experience and implementation experience to improve automated testing approach.
• Support client user acceptance testing (UAT), client demonstrations, and walk-throughs.
• Perform unit and system testing on system / application.
• Experience in application development in Angular 2 required, Angular 4 or 6 desired.
• Primary platform is Linux Red Hat (modern). Other environments include Windows. Have experience support and developing in JBoss EAP is a plus.
• Agile environment experience is required.
• Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, driven individual
• Critical thinker, ability to negotiate with key stakeholders and maintain positive attitude
• Strong organizational skills
• Knowledge of US Military messaging (legacy AUTODIN) experience a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of DevOps desired, Jenkins, Git, experience a plus
• U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
• DOD Secret Clearance, Top Secret a plus
• Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related technical field and 10 years total relevant experience with 2-4 years experience specific to software development or equivalent blend of education and experience.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.