Potential for Remote/Virtual work (on site work required on a "needs" basis).
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Associate Cloud Migration Architect to join our team in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The Cloud Migration Architect must have experience as a member of small, high performance technical teams executing the migration and/or initial deployment of applications and services to cloud and other virtualized environments. Must have significant in-depth understanding of and experience with the migration of legacy systems to cloud, and deep knowledge of the options available in terms of tools, platforms, etc. in migrating applications and services to the cloud. Must be able to identify strategies for addressing requirements in the context of fiscal, schedule, and performance constraints. Is responsible for defining and communicating to software and system solution developers design considerations and alternatives related to cloud platforms. Must have experience in establishing and enforcing cloud-related standards and practices. Will play a support role in the definition and delivery of all CAS Cloud Migration consulting services to the VA. Has experience with and knowledge of VA system development, testing, integration, and operations processes and policies, as well as the platforms on which VA deploys systems and services.
Business Development and Client Facing Responsibilities:
Fill a technical support role with regard to the assessment of VA applications and services for cloud suitability, the creation of VA cloud migration strategies and enabling technology frameworks, and the planning of cloud migration initiatives. Partner with and advise VA related to Unisys solution offerings and capabilities, and seek to identify opportunities to broaden Unisys’ partnership with VA and to increase the client value provided by Unisys.
• Supports delivery of advisory services related to cloud migration, including development of cloud migration strategies, technology frameworks, detailed plans and business cases.
• Supports planning of migrations of specific VA services and applications, with the support of service or application-specific SMEs.
• Contributes to overall VA organizational cloud strategy, including cost estimates, return on investment, application portfolio review & sequencing, and adoption of cloud-provider managed services (PaaS).
• Identifies opportunities for follow-on business, and assists in creating change orders.
• Supports delivery of Unisys Area of Strength portfolio strategy presentations to clients, including features, implementation approaches, technical considerations, and client impacts and benefits.
• Plays a support role in promoting the understanding and use of Unisys Portfolio Resources to identify and develop new business opportunities. Responsibilities include Portfolio solution proposal development, solution design, solution review, risk analysis, proposal preparation and client presentations.
• Provides technical oversight for development of estimates created with standards tools, portfolio Work Breakdown Structures, and industry standard estimating techniques.
• Uses portfolio solution knowledge and Portfolio Center resources to support the technical portion of the bid process, including design reviews, bid reviews, solution component evaluation and selection, and system deployment/integration approach.
• Analyzes and evaluates client requirements against portfolio offerings and performs build vs. buy analyses.
• Architects a complete solution using appropriate portfolio offerings with design elements that enable effective integration into client environment.
• Refines and optimizes infrastructure architectural models, and creates architectural prototypes as required. Reviews the architectural artifacts and/or technology plans produced by peer architects.
• Adheres to appropriate SDF processes, architectural artifact requirements and architectural best practices.
• Is responsible for the solution integrity within the assigned solution area for the client engagement.
• Maintains current working knowledge of technologies, industry trends, standards, and design, development and deployment techniques.
Service Delivery Responsibilities:
• Fills an architect functional role with in-depth cloud migration-related technology specialization to develop or refine solution designs based on Unisys portfolio offerings, and interfaces with the client on all issues related to the design, implementation, testing and cutover of solutions.
• Works with client stakeholders to evaluate solution requirements, and supports the management and traceability of requirements throughout the engagement.
• Acts as a subject matter expert resource to clients on Portfolio Solution processes, required products, product configuration, solution integration, implementation methodologies, resource requirements and implementation timelines.
• Interfaces to appropriate levels of the client’s organization on solution implementation progress, technical issues, proper practices and technical requirements.
• Acts as a key contact for medium to large client portfolio solution implementations including oversight of multiple engagements within the assigned portfolio area.
• Promotes the use of Unisys standard SDF methods, tools and processes for client engagements.
• May develop and refine infrastructure design models using Unisys standard asset discovery and infrastructure modeling tools. Leads or supports design peer reviews and internal project reviews.
• Works with client technical staff from requirements definition through implementation to proactively identify and resolve issues.
• Assumes accountability for solution technology components and the successful implementation of the full client solution. May perform hands-on assessment, modeling, design, configuration, installation, performance tuning, prototyping and/or other activities required to enable successful project outcomes.
• Proactively provides input to program/project leaders on implementation status, and changes to risks, estimates or schedule.
• Collaborates with architect peers to efficiently resolve technical issues, improve implementation quality and share high quality information.
• Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other engineering or technical discipline, and 6+ years’ experience.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures related to cloud technology, including Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
• Experience with Cloud Migration Strategy, Planning, and Migration activities.
• Architect or Developer certifications in AWS or Azure cloud technologies.
• Experience delivering solutions to the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (VA), with major program experience preferred.
• Must be able to work effectively in an environment facilitating a large group of government and other contractor personnel to achieve a common goal.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.