Potential for Remote/Virtual work (on site work required on a "needs" basis).
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Cloud Security Lead to join our team in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The Cloud Security Lead must have senior level experience and knowledge of current Federal security policies and procedures for implementing a secure cloud/hybrid system. Must have experience in providing strategic security direction and delivery of proven technical sound secure solutions in the federal market. Must have experience providing security strategy and guidance to federal customers.
Is responsible for dictating security design choices to software and system solution developers, including but not limited to: platforms, deployment platform and virtualized environment solutions. Experience in establishing and enforcing security standards and practices. Develops security solutions for the strategy and processes which will be used by the VA to migrate VA applications and services to their multi-vendor cloud services environment.
Business Development and Client Facing Responsibilities:
Serve the role as the security SME and trusted security confidant for the client
Fills a security architect role with in-depth portfolio related technology specialization to build quality infrastructure solutions that meet the requirements and advises clients on Unisys Solution offerings, strategy, designs, specific technologies, implementation approaches and alternatives / tradeoffs.
• Development of a security architecture recommendations that incorporates a multi-faceted and multidisciplinary security approach to compliment the reference and technical infrastructure architecture.
• Ability to develop and convey the strategic cyber security requirements that support the enterprises transformation.
• Design and develop security architectures for cloud and cloud/hybrid-based systems.
• Have a firm understanding of the security offerings within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure platforms.
• Based on business requirements, design and implement architectures and designs that will allow those requirements to be met with a minimal degree of risk and with appropriate security controls present to achieve and maintain authority to operate (ATO).
• Have a firm understanding of federal ATO process and develop innovative ideas and recommendations to evolve these processes to better support the enterprise transformation.
• Represents security platform in development and implementation of the overall technical architecture.
• Supports the Unisys project team, focused on delivering transformative digital capabilities, by enabling security related accelerated decision responses for recommended business and technical changes that are presented as options to the client.
• Provides consistent security updates of governance decisions to the change management team to drive any new direction throughout the enterprise
• Lead security related tasks and prepare client recommendations and responses
• Lead security team, contribute to other teams from a security perspective
• Design and lead the establishment of an security control inheritance model used by VA Enterprise Cloud customers to enable expedited ATO adjudications
• Assure VA Application migrations, designs and operations meet required security frameworks and are released with the proper security design relative to the mission
• Bachelor's degree in Computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline and 10 years’ experience required.
• Minimum 3 years of experience architecting within Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
• Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments
• Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
• Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
• Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross functional team to implement solutions.
• Possess a firm understanding of the offerings within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the Microsoft Azure platforms.
• Experience architecting security solutions to safeguard network, infrastructure, data, and applications, and APIs.
• Knowledge or experience designing a solution to operate from a FEDRAMP certified CSP environment.
• Knowledge of Federal Identity and Access Management solutions with insight into industry best practices for Public Key Infrastructure, Authentication, Authorization, and Access Control.
• Knowledge of Federal Cybersecurity and Risk Management policies.
• Deep understanding of Defense in Depth Strategies to address dynamic threats.
• Developing recommendations for business process or technical changes for Director / SES level decision makers.
• Industry-recognized security certification - CISSP, CISA, SABSA SCF, Federal CIO Cloud Architectures
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.