Potential for Remote/Virtual work (on site work required on a "needs" basis).
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Business Analyst to join our team in Washington, DC, to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you enable the transformation and performance improvement of an enterprise or its parts, with respect to people, process and technology, by providing relevant capabilities, assets (human and non-human), processes and tools. You will define and document customer business functions and processes. Consult with functional unit management and personnel to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access. As part of the Organizational Change Management (OCM) team, you will act as a liaison between various stakeholders from multiple business, project management, technology services, architecture, and other technical teams applying OCM process and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative. You will support the design, development, delivery and management of communications and training efforts. Track and fully document changes for functional and business specifications; write detailed procedures in terms understandable to the end-users for permanent records and for use in training. Identify opportunities for improving business processes and assists in the development and documentation of operational governance changes.
• Manage requirements through review and approval session, where project schedules, costs and duration estimates are updated and the business objectives are revisited.
• Collaborate with internal and external users/customers to elicit business concerns and develop workable solutions.
• Conducts quantitative and qualitative analysis that can be utilized for impacts, risk mitigation, and execution.
• Summarizes and synthesizes relevant findings into meaningful work products
• Document and manage business and functional requirements.
• Analyze business processes/systems, identify inefficiencies and required controls, document procedures, and track KPI’s.
• Collaborate with internal and external customers to elicit business concerns and develop workable solutions.
• Anticipate future requirements to achieve successful outcomes.
• Organize requirements into related categories to effectively manage and communicate them.
• Analyze problems and design process improvement solutions
• Select, collect, and analyze data to find root causes of performance issues.
• Assess process designs for gaps, non-value added steps, and other impediments to efficient operation
• Summarize analysis to report on key improvement opportunities to use for future state solution design
• Designs and develops process improvement solutions.
• Create process maps, SOPs, and other solution design documentation
• Create metrics to track benefits of improvement implementations
• Perform change management activities including developing and deliver training and communications to support transition of improvement project changes.
• Maintain progress and provide visibility into project activities to complete deliverables on time
• Run huddles with project teams to communicate deadlines and identify issues and risks.
• Maintain and communicate project plan progress, issues, and risks
• Performs other duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 8 years of experience in the areas of continuous improvement, change management, and business analysis training.
• Large program experience is a plus
• Advanced competency in the use of MS-Office
• Federal Government consulting experience desired (VA preferred)
• Highly effective project management skill
• Proven ability to work in a remote team environment
• Strong communication skills including training delivery, consensus building, ability to persuade and present fact-based recommendations to peers and business leader
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.