We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Technical Writer (Policy) to join our team in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The Senior Technical Writer (Policy) will assist the client in establishing a cybersecurity risk management strategy and designing and implementing processes to effectuate this strategy. This will include assisting the government in formulating a cybersecurity policy strategy to update the current thirty five (35) cybersecurity policy documents and / or create new cybersecurity policies within the context of this strategy.
In this role you will assist the client in ensuring cybersecurity policy is aligned with IT strategy. And with the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), based on policy, to be leveraged across the IAS. Such policies and SOPs shall be crafted in accordance with industry best practices and comply with corporate level policy requirements. Policy and SOPs shall reflect an understanding of security architecture, governance, outreach and assessment, and cybersecurity incident response requirements of this contract, and be developed in coordination with those teams. You will also support digital marketing promotion and communication efforts, maintain presence and team web sites, conduct interviews with various technical staff to gather data for documentation, attend documentation reviews, and provide feedback on draft documents.
• BS and at least 7 years of experience writing and editing policies, procedures, workflows, and manuals
• At least 5 years of experience in the information systems field.
• Ability to interface with technical staff and end-users to understand functional requirements and develop processes and procedures.
• Ability to plan, write, and edit highly complex technical information technology related documents, including presentations, manuals, reports, and specifications for technical and nontechnical audiences.
• Ability to edit written products for style, clarity, consistency, and adherence to customer guidelines.
• Ability to research, analyze, and summarize highly complex technical concepts.
• Ability to create new complex technical documents.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects concurrently.
• Microsoft Office proficiency is required.
• Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, computer science, or IT/cybersecurity related discipline is preferred.
• Visio proficiency and advanced graphics skills are preferred.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.