We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) Outreach and Systems Assessments to join our team in Washington DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) Outreach and Systems Assessments will assist the government in the assessment process for all new and legacy systems to determine the security requirements associated with each system.
In this role you will:
• Interact with both technical and non-technical personnel in order to conduct a comprehensive review of a system, network or application.
• Possess moderate to advanced knowledge of security engineering, the ATO process, enterprise monitoring, and incident response.
• Assist in building or refining the program to achieve the assessment process.
• Provide Management briefings on the security posture of a system
• Conduct continuous monitoring and periodic self-inspections of facility and computer stations to ensure compliance with accreditation/certification documentation package for approved systems and proactively report results to management; make recommendations for and implement improvements as needed
• Ensure all systems are operated, maintained and information is disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices
• Ensure configuration management is appropriate for all Information Systems (IS) software and hardware, including that change control requirements are documented and tracked
• Conduct user training to ensure systems security and increase user awareness
• Ensure security logs and audit trails are reviewed in accordance with established scheduled
• Conduct periodic reviews of Privilidged user accounts (Developer, Admin, etc.)
• Work with various elements of the cybersecurity team to understand roles, missions and requirements in order to inform this process.
• At least 3 years serving as an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) at a cleared facility.
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in a computer science- or Information Assurancerelated field.
• At least one of the following certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Global Information Security Professional (GISP), or the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) or other certifications exemplifying skill sets such as those described in DoD Instruction 8570.1 IAM Level III proficiency.
• Familiarity with the use and operation of security tools including Tenable. Nessus and/or
SecurityCenter, IBM Guardium, HP Weblnspect, or like applications and Network Mapper (NMAP).
• A Master's or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Mathematics, or Engineering and 10 years relevant experience or equivalent.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.