We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Technical Writer (Information Security Awareness) to join our team in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The Senior Technical Writer (Information Security Awareness) will assist in designing a full spectrum cybersecurity awareness strategy (all employee engagement), assist in designing training materials, assist in arranging for guest speakers, assist in working with Training Division to update existing courses and create new courses, assist the government in monitoring agency and federal compliance requirements around this program, and analyze industry and government best practices. This role will support digital marketing promotion and communication efforts, conduct interviews with various technical staff to gather data for documentation, and attend documentation reviews and provide feedback on draft documents.
• At least 7 years of experience in the information systems field.
• At least 5 years of experience writing and editing policies, procedures, workflows, and manuals
• Ability to interface with technical staff and end-users to understand functional requirements and develop processes and procedures
• Ability to plan, write, and edit highly complex technical information technology related documents, including presentations, manuals, reports, and specifications for technical and nontechnical audiences
• Ability to edit written products for style, clarity, consistency, and adherence to customer guidelines.
• Ability to research, analyze, and summarize highly complex technical concepts.
• Ability to create new complex technical documents.
• Microsoft Office proficiency is mandatory.
• Visio proficiency and advanced graphics skills are preferred.
• A bachelor's degree in English, journalism, computer science, or related discipline
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.