We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Software Developer to join our team in Sterling, VA, to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Day to day activities:
• Lead team organization and project meetings to include Agile SCRUM
• Design and develop .Net applications including middleware applications, user interface applications, and web services applications
• May also include developing and integrating with Microsoft SQL server databases
• Develop software design documentation which may include design diagrams, data flow diagrams, software module descriptions, etc.
• Use Integrated Development Environment (IDE) tools to include Microsoft Visual Studio and GIT
• Manage software testing activities to include data setup, defect troubleshooting and resolution
• Provide Tier 3 / 4 engineering support, as needed, for solutions deployed to production
• Distributed system design and development with Microsoft C# .NET environment
• Middleware and User Interface driven applications
• Multi-threaded applications; Exception handling
• Integration with hardware devices and vendor SDKs
• Web Services development
• vue.js (must be fluent)
• node.js / NPM / Yarn
• SASS, LESS and CSS Skills
• HTTP(S) stack
• Webpack, Babel, Polyfill, etc.
• .NET Core 2.x
• ASP.NET Web API, RESTFul HTTP Programming
• EF Core
• Code First with Entity Framework
• SQL Server
• Git, Git Tools and SVN
• Jenkins, Jira, Confluence
• PowerShell, Python and/or Bash are a plus
• Docker and Linux experience are a plus
• AWS experience is a plus
• Mobile platform development
• Agile development
• Must be clearable - CBP BI
• Excellent troubleshooting and resolution skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in team environments across a diverse set of projects with multiple stakeholders
• Proactive approach to problem solving
• Delivery mindset
- Master’s Degree or equivalent years of experience and 10 years experience or equivalent
Government Eligibility Requirements:
- Candidate must be able to favorably pass government background investigation
- U.S. Citizenship eligibility requirements
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.