We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service Lead SCCM Windows Engineer to join our team in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems. (Work will be performed out of the client’s facilities in Arlington, VA and Washington DC).
The Windows Engineer Lead will develop and test the Windows 10 image to be deployed CONUS and OCONUS. Image will be place on laptops for IT refresh and deployed In-Place (using SCCM) on existing desktops worldwide.
This position is for a Technical SME with enterprise scale Windows 10 migration experience. The task involves developing and testing the Windows 10 image. The task includes analysis of the environment (network, hardware and applications) to assess gaps in the client’s readiness.
1. Lead SCCM design and implementation for Windows 10 Upgrade task
2. Test Windows 10 compatibility with enterprise applications and ensure the AD infrastructure is unaffected.
3. Configure and test to ensure systems work with enterprise systems, Pilot to ensure compatibility and functionality on enterprise systems
4. Engineer a SCCM solution for in place upgrades of existing endpoint devices Test and pilot in place upgrade solution
5. Conduct gap analysis between current environment and what is provided/supported in Windows 10 and Office 365
Position requires 5+ years of experience with the following:
• Experience with Windows SCCM
• Planning System Center Configuration Manager hierarchy and site system roles.
• Creating and managing Boundary Groups across one or more Distribution Points.
• Management of site communications. (Bandwidth, Senders, Secondary Sites, etc.)
• Role-Based Administration: Managing custom roles and security scopes
• Planning and securing SCCM using security certificates.
• General monitoring of site health via SSRS, log files, and the SCCM console.
• Planning, configuring and implementing a backup plan to mitigate the loss of SCCM services in the event of a disaster with the least amount of data loss possible.
• Set the standards, design and implement the global infrastructure for Windows endpoints
• Set infrastructure and standards for Client OS configuration and upgrades, such as Windows 10, the Client build process, automated software distribution and the design and maintenance of the backend application infrastructure for these systems
• Manage and configure User and Device collections including: Creating query-based collections, Configuring Site Collection Maintenance Windows, and Configuring Power Management Rules
• Deploying Operating System Images (primarily Windows 10) via SCCM OSD. This includes:
• Configuring WDS, configuring PXE, configuring the VM build environment, and integrating with MDT
• Build / Capture / Update Windows 10 images o Manage images (updating of Drivers, etc.) o Creating Distribution Points and distributing the images accordingly
• Creating a deployment Task Sequence and deploying the Task Sequence
• Creating Packages for Operating System Deployments.
• Attend daily status meetings with Team Management and report progress
Position requires 2-3 years of experience with the following:
• Leading teams in deploying Operating System Upgrades
Assign tasks and hours required for each task and adhering to the estimates
• BS in Engineering/Computer Science and 5+ years of related work experience or equivalent.
• Ability to manage large scale OS deployments.
• Ability to create and modify reporting analytics designed to monitor and measure the success of OS deployments.
• Knowledge of SQL Query Analyzer or other tools for reporting
• Working knowledge and practical experience with scripting languages: VBS/CMD/Power Shell or other related languages.
• Thorough knowledge of Windows operating systems 10, MS Office products, PC configurations, PC hardware, networking and server environments
• Working knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy Experience providing 3rd level of support as required, with demonstrable troubleshooting skills
• Experience working in an agile, team-oriented collaborative environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to create clear and concise documentation
• Willingness to continually learn new products and technologies
● US Citizenship required
● Active Secret clearance required
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.