We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Software Engineer to join our team in Alexandria, VA, to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
Senior software engineer with minimum 10 years of experience building dynamic web and mobile applications on cloud platforms such as AWS. Skillset and interests should be full stack with strong experience with both front-end and server development. Candidate must be familiar with Java, AngularJs or React, CSS, Android or iOS and an understanding of software architecture. Candidate must be willing to work collaboratively in a team environment and manage multiple assignments. Must have a proven history of building responsive web applications and working as a multi-tier developer who can contribute to development efforts on database, server and user interface components.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience building applications using MicroServices architecture.
- Experience designing and building applications using AWS cloud tools such as DynamoDB, Lamda and OpenShift.
- Experience with containerization tools like Docker.
- Familiar with Tomcat and Weblogic application servers.
- Experience building responsive web applications that utilize Ajax to minimize page reloads.
- Web services using REST and SOAP.
- Experience working in an Agile environment such as scrum. Participate in stand-ups, retrospectives, planning and other required meetings.
- Strong command of object oriented design and design patterns.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently.
- B.S. Computer Science or related field and 10 years relevant experience or equivalent.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.