We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior DevOps Solution Engineer to join our team in Alexandria, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
Primary duties are to support CI/CD architecture and manage software DevOps engagement for multiple projects. Our customer’s federal organization is in the process of migrating a large group of custom software applications from a traditional data center to the AWS cloud. The effort involves automating build & deployment processes in a sustainable fashion. You will support the effort by establishing & managing a CI/CD pipeline in a new VPC and work to on-board projects into the new cloud environment. You will work with a small team of DevOps and software engineers to engage project teams as they refactor & migrate their applications. Strong understanding of software architecture, Docker container management and cloud operations is required for this position. Java, .NET and Web development experience is also required. AWS DevOps certification preferred.
Duties and Required Skills:
- Experience working in a production DevOps environment and using CI/CD automation tools such as Jenkins, DCOS, Marathon, GitLab, Artifactory, SonarQube, Docker, etc.
- Previous design & hands-on implementation of a CI/CD pipeline to support enterprise projects.
- Experience with AWS platform offerings such as Cloud Watch, IAM, RDS, Lambda, S3, ECS, etc.
- Understanding of MicroServices architecture and processes for decomposing monolith software applications.
- Experience working in an agile environment such as scrum. Participate in stand-ups, retrospectives, planning and other required meetings.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently.
- Ability to produce polished technical documents and diagrams that convey technical architectural concepts.
- M.S. in Computer Science or related field and 15 years experience or equivalent.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.