We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Senior Full-Stack Engineer with a background in Agile Development methods to join our team in Northern Virginia and begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The ideal candidate is an individual with the functional knowledge and ability to take a concept and turn it into a finished product. This individual can handle all the back-end and front-end technologies and work, including software development, databases, servers and cloud, systems engineering, security and user experience, necessary to deliver mission capabilities to clients.
In this role, you will apply your expertise on multiple complex work assignments which are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. You will apply your comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments, evaluate performance results and recommend changes as necessary to achieve project success. You will support development of systems and demonstrations related to a broad range of business areas, including designing, developing, enhancing, debugging, and implementing software solutions and demonstrations in an Agile environment. Your primary responsibilities will be working with teams designing, testing and building applications to meet customer requirements and goals.
As a senior software engineer, you have strong experience building rich Internet applications on a Java technology stack. Additional experience developing mobile applications using multi-device development frameworks such as Cordova and with native iOS and Android platforms is also highly desirable. You will be able to work collaboratively in a team environment, manage multiple assignments independently, and provide technical expertise/mentoring to a larger team. Your primary responsibilities will be designing, testing and building end-to-end web applications (native and/or hybrid) and mobile applications using AngularJS 2/4, Ajax, and restful web services to meet customer requirements and goals.
• Must be familiar with Agile methodology. Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential for this role.
• Extensive experience building rich Internet applications on a Java technology stack, using Agile, Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Test Driven Development (TDD) and Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD).
• Expertise with DevSecOps, Testing Automation, Continuous Integration & Deployment (CI-CD) environment using tools such as Gradle and Jenkins.
• Familiarity with Microservices Patterns and best practices.
• Proven skills in Cloud native development and REST API creation.
• Familiarity with NoSQL databases such as Mongo or Dynamo.
• Experienced developing in Amazon Web Services environment using tools such as Open Shift.
• Experience setting up and provisioning AWS Cloud environments a strong plus.
• Docker and other operating-system-level virtualization (containerization) programs.
• Strong Java and object oriented programming experience to include backend web-services.
• Experienced using Java frameworks such as Spring and SpringBoot.
• Experience writing unit tests for development code.
• Ability to work with external teams to resolve testing issues and bug fixes.
• Use and management of Git source code repository.
• Development of automated unit and integration test scripts.
• Creation of builds using Jenkins.
• Provide O&M Support for deployed functionality.
Familiarity and experience with the following is desirable:
• Familiarity with Angular and REACT.
• Experience building REST and SOAP web services.
• Native OS (iOS/Android) and hybrid mobile application development experience.
• Solid understanding of iOS or Android system/application architecture to include mobile applications, backend services, communications protocols, MDM frameworks, etc.
• Business Tier services development using Java, JEE/EJB, JAX-RS , JPA, JPQL, and SQL (Oracle).u
• Ability to write SQL and familiarity with Object Relational Mapping tools (ORM).
• Knowledge of designing accessibility / Section 508 compliant web sites
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Management or related field degree or higher and a minimum of 15 years of related experience. Applicable advance certifications and education and specific skills can be substituted for Master's degree or years of experience.
Local candidates only. Work location: Northern Virginia
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.